Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,401 Members 43,773 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Torrents on note 3

Tip us?

westkhalifa13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Torrents on note 3

This is ridiculous my phone wont even let me download torrents at all unless I am on wifi which is sorry since I have the truely unlimited plan. I have had nothing but issues with the filter this phone has on me due to knoxx I believe .. helppp please stockkk not rooted

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda premium

devynbf
Old
Thanks Meter 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by westkhalifa13 View Post
This is ridiculous my phone wont even let me download torrents at all unless I am on wifi which is sorry since I have the truely unlimited plan. I have had nothing but issues with the filter this phone has on me due to knoxx I believe .. helppp please stockkk not rooted

First I would make sure on the torrent app you're using (Bittorrent, Ttorrent, Utorrent etc) isn't the problem.
I remember when I had downloaded Bittorrent it asked me if I only wanted to download torrents while on WiFi and I accidentally hit the "yes" button and it never let me change it back.

So first, go into your applications and clear defaults for your torrent app and make sure you hit "no" when that prompt shows.

If that doesn't help, I would recommend rooting and uninstalling the Knox apps using Titanium Backup.

That's what I did and torrents work fine for me.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ThattOneKiddMichael
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Try downloading/starting the torrent on WiFi then switching to 4G for the actual download. My school blocks torrent sites and apps so I do the opposite. I get on 4Glte and find my torrent, start the download, then switch back to school WiFi.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
Past Devices:
Motorola Cliq, Knock off China Android, Dell Streak 7, Another Knock off, various iphones, various iPods.

Current Devices:
Samsung Galaxy SIII, HTC Amaze

MikeJennni
Old
Thanks Meter 72
I have noticed this on my stock unrooted lg g2 after upgrading to kitkat let me know if you find a ligament fix

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

elosogrande7076
Old
Thanks Meter 34
not to hijack the thread but what torrent apps are you guys using on your phones? And is this to download the torrent to your phone or somehow use your phones torrent app to download the torrent at home?

ezsoulja
Old
Thanks Meter 30
My torrents stopped on the phone also.. Is this due to the kitkat, I used atorrent before with no issues

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

Need GFX? Lowest Price with Highest Quality desgins http://www.EzsouljaDesigns.com

Lorettaa
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by elosogrande7076 View Post
not to hijack the thread but what torrent apps are you guys using on your phones? And is this to download the torrent to your phone or somehow use your phones torrent app to download the torrent at home?
I'm using uTorrent.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lorettaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ultraprimeomega
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by elosogrande7076 View Post
On my phone
TTorrent pro, have 64gb SD card plus the SD card fix
My LTE is faster then my home crap internet, I easily hit 30gb on tmobile
For home on rare times
Utorrent remote app
Devices
Samsung Note 3 T-Mobile
HTC Dell Axim x51v - WM6.1 sleeping until it gets charged
Dell Axim WM6.x x50v, x51v, x50, x51 SDHC and other cards Support Thread
All hail Megatron!
The Following User Says Thank You to ultraprimeomega For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pajar0913
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Kickasstorrents off the play store and u torrent work just fine on my stock 4.3 not rooted.

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajar0913 View Post
Kickasstorrents off the play store and u torrent work just fine on my stock 4.3 not rooted.

My bad 4.4.2

atlzonly89
Old
Thanks Meter 14
go to the kickasstorrents website, and download the app off there. that's the only app you'll truly need!

The Following User Says Thank You to atlzonly89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]