Post Reply

[Q] Phone is soft Bricked

20th May 2014, 12:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Guys i need help. i have soft bricked my GS4 and now i am having trouble getting it function. I tried to install stock rom with odin using this tutorial and the files from the tutorial as well, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2258628

I worked and then the phone booted, and now its stuck at T Mobile boot animation. its been stuck their for like 15 mins and phone got really hot.
I dont know what to do anymore. can anyone help me fix this problem?
20th May 2014, 01:13 AM   |  #2  
The Sickness's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Somewhere in Texas
Thanks Meter: 10,034
 
4,665 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PritpalS

Guys i need help. i have soft bricked my GS4 and now i am having trouble getting it function. I tried to install stock rom with odin using this tutorial and the files from the tutorial as well, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2258628

I worked and then the phone booted, and now its stuck at T Mobile boot animation. its been stuck their for like 15 mins and phone got really hot.
I dont know what to do anymore. can anyone help me fix this problem?

Need some more info....

Are you 4.4.2?
How did you root?
20th May 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sickness

Need some more info....

Are you 4.4.2?
How did you root?

Well i was on a custom Rom called C-ROM. i decided i did not want that so i tried to install Insane KitKat Rom, after the rom it was stuck on bootanimation so i put the phone into download mode and hope to do a recovery with KIES, but KIES said this device is unsupported so then i tried to do it with ODIN and got a Fail few times then i did the tutorial i linked the original post and it worked until it got stuck on boot animaion.

I guess i went over my head with this thing. sigh
20th May 2014, 01:20 AM   |  #4  
The Sickness's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Somewhere in Texas
Thanks Meter: 10,034
 
4,665 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PritpalS

Well i was on a custom Rom called C-ROM. i decided i did not want that so i tried to install Insane KitKat Rom, after the rom it was stuck on bootanimation so i put the phone into download mode and hope to do a recovery with KIES, but KIES said this device is unsupported so then i tried to do it with ODIN and got a Fail few times then i did the tutorial i linked the original post and it worked until it got stuck on boot animaion.

I guess i went over my head with this thing. sigh

What I need to know is if your phone is 4.2.2, 4.3, 4.4.2?
20th May 2014, 01:30 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sickness

What I need to know is if your phone is 4.2.2, 4.3, 4.4.2?

it was C-RoM-KK-v6.2-20140425-jflte and Most likely 4.2.2
20th May 2014, 02:08 AM   |  #6  
mrzhadow's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Marysville WA
Thanks Meter: 464
 
813 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PritpalS

it was C-RoM-KK-v6.2-20140425-jflte and Most likely 4.2.2

That is actually a 4.4 ROM. Did you have android 4.4 when you flashed C-Rom? This is very important!! You will need to Odin the official firmware or a rooted ROM. Its necessary to know what version you were on. Let us know and we'll give you the next step.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app
20th May 2014, 02:10 AM   |  #7  
The Sickness's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Somewhere in Texas
Thanks Meter: 10,034
 
4,665 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PritpalS

it was C-RoM-KK-v6.2-20140425-jflte and Most likely 4.2.2

I want tou to put your phone into recovery and do a FACTORY RESET...
20th May 2014, 02:20 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sickness

I want tou to put your phone into recovery and do a FACTORY RESET...

I could not get into recovery at all. like it would just vibrate and go back to start mode. so i went ahead and downloaded the 4.4.2 Official firmware from SamMobile and flashed that with ODIN V3.09 and it worked and did not stall at the boot animation screen.
20th May 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #9  
mrzhadow's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Marysville WA
Thanks Meter: 464
 
813 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sickness

I want tou to put your phone into recovery and do a FACTORY RESET...

I think he was probably on 4.4 bro. He flashed the MDL firmware from the link he provided while on a KK ROM, that's why he bricked the phone. He will need to flash the stock official 4.4 to get back in business. I really doubt he was on MDL.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app
20th May 2014, 02:24 AM   |  #10  
The Sickness's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Somewhere in Texas
Thanks Meter: 10,034
 
4,665 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzhadow

I think he was probably on 4.4 bro. He flashed the MDL firmware from the link he provided while on a KK ROM, that's why he bricked the phone. He will need to flash the stock official 4.4 to get back in business. I really doubt he was on MDL.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

Sounds like it..........

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PritpalS

I could not get into recovery at all. like it would just vibrate and go back to start mode. so i went ahead and downloaded the 4.4.2 Official firmware from SamMobile and flashed that with ODIN V3.09 and it worked and did not stall at the boot animation screen.

You need to be a little more careful.....you could have bricked your phone

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes