Stock messaging app keeps going back to DEFAULT on it's own....

Search This thread

haulero

Jan 15, 2013
I use Google Voice and some other texting app... I want my phone to ask me everytime I want to send a text which app I want to use, so I "clear default" on the stock messaging app. but it keeps selecting back on it's own!! It's annoying. Does anyone know how to stop this? if I clear defaults now, few minutes later the stock app is "default" again!

Brava27

Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
I use Google Voice and some other texting app... I want my phone to ask me everytime I want to send a text which app I want to use, so I "clear default" on the stock messaging app. but it keeps selecting back on it's own!! It's annoying. Does anyone know how to stop this? if I clear defaults now, few minutes later the stock app is "default" again!

I would suggest freezing that messaging app that you are not using. Titanium backup does this.

haulero

Jan 15, 2013
I would suggest freezing that messaging app that you are not using. Titanium backup does this.

That doesn't help. I "turned off" stock app but my other messaging app (goSMS) then sets itself as default! when I clear defaults for goSMS few minutes later it will select itselft as default, just like stock app does. Now, if I uninstall goSMS then "hangouts" will be default and will select itself as default!... So for some reason, clearing defaults for messaging doesn't work because random messaging app will set as default on it's own, wheather is stock app, goSMS or hangouts.

haulero

Jan 15, 2013
I guess nobody else have the same problem??? I have 4 browsers, Opera, Chrome, Mozilla and stock browser app and everytime I click on a link (say, from a text message I click a link some friend sent me) phone will ask which browser I want to use and then I pick... that is exactly what I want on text messages! I need the phone to ask me everytime I send a text so I can choose stock app or google voice! but everytime I clear defaults, they go back to defaul on it's own.