Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 52,672 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Official ColorOS download safe?

Tip us?

monsta132
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Official ColorOS download safe?

Hi all, im new to posting questions on forums in general but ive used them for a long time to put custom roms on my phone and in general make the most of it so i can think of no better place to ask this, forgive me if someone else already has.

On the official ColorOS website which most of you may know is now owned or something by Oppo, in their devices list the GT-I9500 is listed there under "other" and i was curious as to whether or not anyone can tell me if its safe to use or not?

Any help appreciated, thank you in advance.

Unfortunatly i cant post links due to the fact im new to the forum, so goto coloros .com and use translate

qtwrk
Old
Thanks Meter 802
sure it is. otherwise why do they list it ?

if you wanna know why it's "other" , it's just because they are not OPPO phones.
if my words are useful or helpful to you , i will appreciate it you click thanks button
GT-i9023 Nexus S
GT-i9250 Galaxy Nexus
GT-i9300 Galaxy S III
GT-s5830 Galaxy Ace
GT-i9300 Galaxy S III
GT-i9506 Galaxy S IV 4G+
GT-i9505 Galaxy S IV (current)

monsta132
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtwrk View Post
sure it is. otherwise why do they list it ?

if you wanna know why it's "other" , it's just because they are not OPPO phones.
I was refering more to general security, its on a chinese website and the download is from pan.baidu, i dont really know it and id just rather be safe than sorry.

qtwrk
Old
Thanks Meter 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta132 View Post
I was refering more to general security, its on a chinese website and the download is from pan.baidu, i dont really know it and id just rather be safe than sorry.
well , if it's from official website , then take it easy, it's like some of dev here use MEGA or AFH server , pan.baidu is very famous file storage site in China
if my words are useful or helpful to you , i will appreciate it you click thanks button
GT-i9023 Nexus S
GT-i9250 Galaxy Nexus
GT-i9300 Galaxy S III
GT-s5830 Galaxy Ace
GT-i9300 Galaxy S III
GT-i9506 Galaxy S IV 4G+
GT-i9505 Galaxy S IV (current)
The Following User Says Thank You to qtwrk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

monsta132
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtwrk View Post
well , if it's from official website , then take it easy, it's like some of dev here use MEGA or AFH server , pan.baidu is very famous file storage site in China
Well im downloading it now to give it a shot, will let know how it turns out, but thanks for your help