Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,452 Members 42,278 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE][GB] How to use UxpNxtLockscreen.apk on GB ? - with lockscreen music control

Tip us?

Erhany
Old
(Last edited by Erhany; 20th August 2012 at 10:09 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 939

DONATE TO ME
Arrow [GUIDE][GB] How to use UxpNxtLockscreen.apk on GB ? - with lockscreen music control

Hey guys, finally I started successfully using Xperia Sola apks on my Xperia arc stock 42 rooted phone..

Tested on Xperia arc(Sola apks), LWW(Sola,Go apks both) and must work on other devices too.

UPDATED GUIDE:

Note: When u did all steps if you still dont have a working lockscreen just try going for Xperia Go apks and android.policy.jar of Xperia Go!
I dont share a flashable zip file because I use Xperia arc, you use Neo, LWW etc.. This is a guide for you to make yourselves.

- First download the FILES.rar which includes all necessarily files,on the link.

http://www.mediafire.com/?obrb493z1x4ayza

- On the phone, go to system/framework and copy android.policy.jar to your desktop.

In pack, I added baksmali-smali folder/files for you to edit your classes.dex file of android.policy.jar

1- Open your android.policy.jar file with 7zip (right click-7zip-open archive) and then drag&drop classes.dex file to BAKSMALI-SMALI folder.

2- Run CMD in that folder and write this code and enter >> java -jar baksmali-1.3.3.jar -o classout/ classes.dex
Classout folder must be generated. Go to BAKSMALI-SMALI\classout\com\android\internal\policy\impl

3- Copy ExternalLockScreen.smali and LockPatternKeyguardView.smali files which are in MY FILES.RAR pack , inside ../impl folder. (LockPatternKeyguardView will overwrite)

4- Delete classes.dex file in BAKSMALI-SMALI folder and run CMD again and write this code and enter again>> java -jar smali-1.3.3.jar classout -o classes.dex

5- Now your new classes.dex file is ready. just open archive your android.policy.jar file with 7zip again and drag&drop new classes.dex in it..

-Second you will find Xperia_Sola_app_files folder in FILES.RAR pack. It includes Xperia Sola Settngs.apk and UxpNxtLockScreen.apk files.
Normally just copy these files to system if you use root explorer, set permissions & move system/app folder and android.policy.jar to framework folder. reboot and All done! Alternative way is Android Commander PC programme.

>> But I dont suggest you to use Settings.apk of Xperia Sola. It has bug on brightness. best way is decompiling your own Settings.apk with apk manager/tool (best working Wanam's apk manager ICS on GB) and adding lines from Xperia Sola Settings.apk display settings to your own apk. Sorry I don't have much time to explain editing XML on apk manager /compiling/ decompiling it..

If all is ok here is the picture ;

If it doesn't work; u must edit your framework-res.apk (/system/framework/framework-res.apk)

These are quoted from Sudanminipro's topic which is here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1837501

Quote:
a)DECOMPILE your framework-res.apk

b)Add this line to the AndroidManifest.xml >> <permission android:label="@string/permlab_external_lockscreen" android:name="com.sonyericsson.permission.EXTERNAL _LOCKSCREEN" androidrotectionLevel="signatureOrSystem" android:description="@string/permdesc_external_lockscreen" />

c)Add these lines to the end of the strings.xml (/res/values/strings.xml) >>
<string name="permlab_external_lockscreen">You May Write Anything Here</string>
<string name="permdesc_external_lockscreen"> You May Write Anything Here </string>

d)Add these to the end of string names in public.xml (/res/values/public.xml) >> <public type="string" name="permlab_external_lockscreen" id="0xXXXXXXXX" />
<public type="string" name="permdesc_external_lockscreen" id="0xXXXXXXXX" />

the important thing is XXXXXXXX hex codes should be written in a way as a continuation of the codes that was above..

0x0104051b,0x0104051c for example..

e)RECOMPILE. Thats it.
Bugs:
- Settings.apk Lockscreen menu allows you to change your lockscreen wallpaper but it has low quality.
Bugfix: go into Settings.apk display settings and Lockscreen control, select a new wallpaper, then on computer find a wallpaper which u want to use and set pixels and save it as named wallpaper.PNG . On the phone go into data/data/com/sonyericsson.uxplockscreen folder and copy wallpaper.png inside it.. finally just try a few time screenoff&on.. Must be ok.

- Facebook notifications don't work!
- Don't work on landscape mode!
- You tell me more..

I'm not a developer, just modding my Xperia arc.. If any developers can help for these bugs, that will be great..

Cheers! If this is helpful for you please use thanks button.
Special thanx to Orochixxx for .smali file names and Sola system folder..

then all must be ok. Thanks & Regards AeonWorld for his tutorial and Sudanminipro for their work..
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Erhany For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Orochixxx
Old
Thanks Meter 870

DONATE TO ME
Good job
The Following User Says Thank You to Orochixxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

XnightX
Old
Thanks Meter 24
one question , will it work on cm9 ??

Sent from my Arc S using Tapatalk 2

Pandemic
Old
Thanks Meter 11036

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by XnightX View Post
one question , will it work on cm9 ??

Sent from my Arc S using Tapatalk 2
No mate, is CM9 a GB rom??
Nope

Sent from my Xperia Neo V with Supercharged ICS 4.0.4

... My Projects & Work ...

... Latest ...
>> [XZ]MoonWalker SuperB V2 <<
>> [XZL]MoonWalker SuperB V2 <<
-----------------------
||> All My Work <||

FlorinXstyle
Old
Thanks Meter 65
can you make please a flashable zip arhive ?

soumya_digi
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1504
Did all the steps, but Lockscreen didn't change! It's same as before. Using Zohaib's Xperia S GB ROM.

krisdee
Old
Thanks Meter 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by soumya_digi View Post
Did all the steps, but Lockscreen didn't change! It's same as before. Using Zohaib's Xperia S GB ROM.
Same here Using stock .62 fw.

Fußbodenheizung
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by soumya_digi View Post
Same here. Using stock .42, Xperia Play.

RivaultUser
Old
Thanks Meter 18
i confuse on your steps , like " copy classes.dex file to folder, run CMD and enter code: java -jar baksmali-1.3.3.jar -o classout/ classes.dex

"To where I must copy classes.dex file ( what folder ) ?, And I cannot run java -jar baksmali-1.3.3.jar -o classout/ classes.dex ( it said unable to..............)

n3n00
Old
Thanks Meter 249
I will try this today, thought I never decompiled anything...we need a developer to make flashable .zip for this :/ ... at least I'll learn something new xD.