Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] One click 3G ON and MOBILE DATA ON

6th February 2014, 08:04 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

335 posts
Is there any app out there that can toggle both MOBILE DATA and 3G mode at the same time? I don't like my cell working in 3G mode for talk, but I do like 3G for internet. So I would like to toggle both at the same time. There are some apps which you can program to do stuff like that, in a sequence I think, but I don't remember the names. An specific app for that would be welcome also. When toggle off it would turn off both 3G and mobile DATA.

This is motorola razr d3 XT920 with android 4.1

20th May 2014, 08:28 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

335 posts
anyone???
20th May 2014, 08:52 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 630

3,300 posts
Donate to Me
More
I believe no one has answered your question yet because it doesn't really make much sense in its present form. 3G IS Mobile Data.
20th May 2014, 10:07 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

335 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

I believe no one has answered your question yet because it doesn't really make much sense in its present form. 3G IS Mobile Data.

That's not quite right. MOBILE DATA means operator (cell phone company) data... it can be 2G, 3G, 4G ... what I mean in my question is a program that would turn on 3G data mode (phone can work both in 2G and 3G, so set it to 3G) AND activate MOBILE DATA (meaning the phone can use the network operator data).
21st May 2014, 03:46 AM |#5  

3,300 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fscussel

That's not quite right. MOBILE DATA means operator (cell phone company) data... it can be 2G, 3G, 4G ... what I mean in my question is a program that would turn on 3G data mode (phone can work both in 2G and 3G, so set it to 3G) AND activate MOBILE DATA (meaning the phone can use the network operator data).

I am quite aware of what Mobile Data is. But your point is that Mobile Data means any 2g/3g/4g and you want to turn on 3G and Mobile Data? How does that make it more clear, exactly? If you have 3G on, then you are using your Mobile Data from your network operator / cell phone company.
21st May 2014, 05:41 AM |#6  
Flag Dahod, Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 141

769 posts
More
Quote:

i thinj you should turn on both GSM/HCDMA network simulteneously
there is no other option available
21st May 2014, 11:19 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

335 posts
Quote:

I am quite aware of what Mobile Data is. But your point is that Mobile Data means any 2g/3g/4g and you want to turn on 3G and Mobile Data? How does that make it more clear, exactly? If you have 3G on, then you are using your Mobile Data from your network operator / cell phone company.

There is an option in android to TURN ON/OFF mobile data. There's also an option to choose 2G ONLY, 3G ONLY, 2G/3G AUTO

so they are 2 options, yes.
21st May 2014, 01:40 PM |#8  

3,300 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

There is an option in android to TURN ON/OFF mobile data. There's also an option to choose 2G ONLY, 3G ONLY, 2G/3G AUTO

so they are 2 options, yes.

I own a cell phone repair shop. I'm quite familiar with how mobile data works. What I don't understand is what you are trying to do and nothing you have said so far is making it any clearer.
21st May 2014, 06:17 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

335 posts
Quote:

I own a cell phone repair shop. I'm quite familiar with how mobile data works. What I don't understand is what you are trying to do and nothing you have said so far is making it any clearer.

So you are a little dumb i'm afraid, because it's more than clear at this moment. Perhaps you DON'T WANT to understand just to not accept that you weren't right from the beggining.
21st May 2014, 08:12 PM |#10  
Flag Mission
Thanks Meter: 594

3,408 posts
More
Quote:

So you are a little dumb i'm afraid, because it's more than clear at this moment. Perhaps you DON'T WANT to understand just to not accept that you weren't right from the beggining.

Wtf are u saying? This guy has helped me out a lot I think he knows what he's doing. Maybe the dumb one in here it's you since u can't even figure out what ur trying to do.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app, mobile data, toggle, widget
Previous Thread Next Thread