Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,501 Members 47,185 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] what to do after rooting alcatel pop C3

Tip us?

ackeella27
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] what to do after rooting alcatel pop C3

hey i want to root my alcatel 4033 because of the 512mb of memory, most of it is used up by preinstalled apps but i dont know what to do after rooting it. Can any one help me? i can help my self when it comes to technology and i can follow instuctions

blanxlr
Old
(Last edited by blanxlr; 30th April 2014 at 12:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Hi there, i have the same Phone. Got it rooted with the framaroot app. Then i searched the web for custom roms. First Nothing Then i came a cross this site http://www.442kitkat.info/mp3-0/alca...p-c3-5687.html. seems interessting? ! I will try to flash it and See how it works out

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

I got the A version (4033a) i guess. Without dual sim

Bull****. Got to complete a task/buy something. Forget about this link.

Harish_Sharma
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Hi, U can remove useless apps using root explorer or root app delete.. Or search for any other custom rom built for ur fone.

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 461

DONATE TO ME
Without custom roms, usually this http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...fying-t1574401 . With the different modules available for everything from ad blocking to theming to customizing the lockscreen, this is about as custom as you can go without a rom.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ? (One+1 maybe...)

dicciassei
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Wink I have an app

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackeella27 View Post
hey i want to root my alcatel 4033 because of the 512mb of memory, most of it is used up by preinstalled apps but i dont know what to do after rooting it. Can any one help me? i can help my self when it comes to technology and i can follow instuctions
Hello ackeella27, I have an Alcatel POP C3 4033X and I had the same problem: preinstalled apps and some ram used by these (for example Viber, that sometimes used to crash even if I didn't open it). So i had decided to root my phone and remove these useless (for me) apps by deleting them from the system (they are in a folder called "/custpack/app/" in the case of 4033X but i don't know if it is the same for other model of POP C3).
But I use to reset my phone sometimes (with the decision to not install again too much apps xD ) so made an app, called "App Removal for Alcatel POP C3"
I think if you have 4033X model you can surely use it, if not but you decide even to try please tell me the result so I know that this app is also for another model of POP C3.
You can find the app atached the post; I've put an ads at the bottom because I'm planning to put it on Play Store
In the app, if you haven't already rooted your phone you can click "Get SU" button, and installation of Framaroot will be started: when it finishes open Framaroot and click Boromir. Restart the phone. You can open App Removal, and may modify the code, and then click "execute" button to remove the unnecessary apps.

I posted some sceenshot to show you how is the app

Description of used permissions:
  • 1) SD Card
  • 2) Network State and Internet
  • 3) Superuser
1)To put Framaroot in the SD Card and start the installation process
2)To display Ads
3)To execute the root commands

I hope it works and is usefull
Have a nice day
- dicciassei -
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1.png
Views:	64
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	2756154   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot2.png
Views:	51
Size:	239.6 KB
ID:	2756155   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot3.png
Views:	48
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	2756156  
Attached Files
File Type: apk AppRemoval.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.43 MB, 14 views)

blanxlr
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicciassei View Post
Hello ackeella27, I have an Alcatel POP C3 4033X and I had the same problem: preinstalled apps and some ram used by these (for example Viber, that sometimes used to crash even if I didn't open it). So i had decided to root my phone and remove these useless (for me) apps by deleting them from the system (they are in a folder called "/custpack/app/" in the case of 4033X but i don't know if it is the same for other model of POP C3).
But I use to reset my phone sometimes (with the decision to not install again too much apps xD ) so made an app, called "App Removal for Alcatel POP C3"
I think if you have 4033X model you can surely use it, if not but you decide even to try please tell me the result so I know that this app is also for another model of POP C3.
You can find the app atached the post; I've put an ads at the bottom because I'm planning to put it on Play Store
In the app, if you haven't already rooted your phone you can click "Get SU" button, and installation of Framaroot will be started: when it finishes open Framaroot and click Boromir. Restart the phone. You can open App Removal, and may modify the code, and then click "execute" button to remove the unnecessary apps.

I posted some sceenshot to show you how is the app

Description of used permissions:
  • 1) SD Card
  • 2) Network State and Internet
  • 3) Superuser
1)To put Framaroot in the SD Card and start the installation process
2)To display Ads
3)To execute the root commands

I hope it works and is usefull
Have a nice day
- dicciassei -
Q did u als had this annoying message when u disable viber. Viber has stopped. Keeps popping up

dicciassei
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Yes, so I reset my phone and delete it from the system. I think this phone's version of viber is bugged because if I install it from Play Store it function normally. If you would remove it feel free to use my app (it not remove only viber but also other programs, in future I update if with a cecklist of Alcatel system apps you can check to be removed, more comfortable)

Sent from my ONE TOUCH 4033X using XDA Free mobile app

blanxlr
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Aight that woud be cool