[Q] Gionee Elife S5.5 Rooting Method

Search This thread

Fateslayer

Oct 31, 2012
Bhopal
Can anyone tell me how to root elife s5.5 Indian version. I have tried vroot, kingoroot, shuame but none worked and shuame hangs when I click on root button.

shekhar07

Jun 3, 2010
How to root Gionee S5.5

Can anyone tell me how to root elife s5.5 Indian version. I have tried vroot, kingoroot, shuame but none worked and shuame hangs when I click on root button

Hi friend, i have tried one amazing tool with i could root My Xolo X910, X1000 and Lenovo K900 all are intel inside. This was the only tool which could root these phones. i am 100percent sure that this will root Gionee S5.5.

i have uploaded a zip file of tool Impactor please download it and install as per instruction given on following page.

http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/

01 Down load device driver from their web site

02 enable "Adb" mode and start impactor it should root your phone within 3-4 Min.

i am doing this because i want to buy that phone, using it without root is not comfortable so please let me know if it works or not as early as possible..

Chandrashekhar Wankhade

Attachments

• Impactor_0.9.14.zip
    11.4 MB · Views: 1,944

Fateslayer

Oct 31, 2012
Bhopal
Can anyone tell me how to root elife s5.5 Indian version. I have tried vroot, kingoroot, shuame but none worked and shuame hangs when I click on root button

Hi friend, i have tried one amazing tool with i could root My Xolo X910, X1000 and Lenovo K900 all are intel inside. This was the only tool which could root these phones. i am 100percent sure that this will root Gionee S5.5.

i have uploaded a zip file of tool Impactor please download it and install as per instruction given on following page.

02 enable "Adb" mode and start impactor it should root your phone within 3-4 Min.

i am doing this because i want to buy that phone, using it without root is not comfortable so please let me know if it works or not as early as possible..

Chandrashekhar Wankhade

impactor didn't detected my phone. You should buy another phone cause it heats like sun and average use temperature is 40 degrees and 50+ degree while gaming.

Reactions: shekhar07

elabjer

Nov 1, 2013
OnePlus 10 Pro
S5.5 rooted, w/ CTR

I had sucessfully rooted S5.5 over a month a ago.. to be honest, I'm not 100% anymore about the tool, but I believe it was Root Genius that managed to "break thru" :)

Had problems getting the phone drivers working, and the "regular" ADB still doesn't work for me.. I can, however, piggy-back on Shuame (I think it runs a "helper") - keep it running in the back and all other ADB connections will also work fine (MTK Droid tools, etc..). I also managed to port Carliv's Touch recovery.. the "touch" is not working ATM, but one can still use vol up/dwn & pwr w/o a problem :)

Fateslayer

Oct 31, 2012
Bhopal
I had sucessfully rooted S5.5 over a month a ago.. to be honest, I'm not 100% anymore about the tool, but I believe it was Root Genius that managed to "break thru" :)

Had problems getting the phone drivers working, and the "regular" ADB still doesn't work for me.. I can, however, piggy-back on Shuame (I think it runs a "helper") - keep it running in the back and all other ADB connections will also work fine (MTK Droid tools, etc..). I also managed to port Carliv's Touch recovery.. the "touch" is not working ATM, but one can still use vol up/dwn & pwr w/o a problem :)

Good but I rooted my phone 3 days ago already however the process is so lengthy I will post it after my examination are over. I also have cwm for it in English working perfectly and 100% rooted. Thanks everyone here who motivated me to do something I couldn't do before. I think no phone can stop us from rooting it lol

Mnt-XDA

Aug 6, 2013
Root Success

:laugh::cowboy:

Gionee Elife S 5.5 Indian Version can be rooted successfully....

With the help of the following 3 tools....

===================================
1) MtkDroidTools v253

2) SP Flash Tool v5.1352.01

3) UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.94.zip

I will prepare a brief step by step tutorial later ....

In case of any problem....you can PM me...

:cowboy:

@Moderators / Admin --> Please create a new forum for Gionee S5.5

Last edited:

shekhar07

Jun 3, 2010
Rooting Gionee S5.5

Good but I rooted my phone 3 days ago already however the process is so lengthy I will post it after my examination are over. I also have cwm for it in English working perfectly and 100% rooted. Thanks everyone here who motivated me to do something I couldn't do before. I think no phone can stop us from rooting it lol

Hi friend at least post some web link. Please post the tool name with the help of you rooted Gionee S5.5.

As per your reply i bought Lenovo K900 for my self. I rooted it and lower the CPU frequency to 933Mhz with this setting the battery life is dramatically increased and no more heating issue at all. I did this through "Rom tool box pro" u can buy this on play store. When ever i play game i increase the frequency and enjoy the speed and performance and for routine use i decrease the frequency. But my Sister wants to buy only Gionee S5.5 and rooting is must so please post the link or rooting tool name to help me and others.

Thank you
Chandrashekhar

chanleelai

Jun 17, 2014
hi i just root my gionee elife s.5.5 with RootGenius and now i have on my phone Kinguser app i would like to use google playstore dont know how, would like to install indian verion so that the play store is preinstalled

Last edited:

Mnt-XDA

Aug 6, 2013
Hi friend at least post some web link. Please post the tool name with the help of you rooted Gionee S5.5.

As per your reply i bought Lenovo K900 for my self. I rooted it and lower the CPU frequency to 933Mhz with this setting the battery life is dramatically increased and no more heating issue at all. I did this through "Rom tool box pro" u can buy this on play store. When ever i play game i increase the frequency and enjoy the speed and performance and for routine use i decrease the frequency. But my Sister wants to buy only Gionee S5.5 and rooting is must so please post the link or rooting tool name to help me and others.

Thank you
Chandrashekhar

Hi Shekher,

Please follow the step in the link below..., It will solve your issue 100%
But it is a bit complex...

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53414199&postcount=41

Good luck :good:

Reactions: shekhar07

chanleelai

Jun 17, 2014
Playstore on my GN-S5.5-GN9000-4.2.2

after is rooted my Gionee s5.5 with ShuameSetup_2.1.3.1.exe i could install a new Rom over there Page directly GN-S5.5-GN9000-4.2.2_Update
and now i can istall Google Playstore and Whatsapp and Line........ wow nice nice

xlnzee

Jun 16, 2011
Can anyone tell me how to root elife s5.5 Indian version. I have tried vroot, kingoroot, shuame but none worked and shuame hangs when I click on root button.

Download RootGenious from shuame(.)com/en/root/ ensure you have drivers installed grom Gionee website gionee(.)co.in/portfolio/elife-s5-5/ then connect the phone, turn on debug mode and run RootGenious. Done.

Remove the brackets in the links.

shekhar07

Jun 3, 2010
Rooting Gionee S5.5

Download RootGenious from shuame(.)com/en/root/ ensure you have drivers installed grom Gionee website gionee(.)co.in/portfolio/elife-s5-5/ then connect the phone, turn on debug mode and run RootGenious. Done.

Remove the brackets in the links.

Hi,
I would like to make sure, have you tested this rooting method for Gionee S5.5? is it 100 percent working? please let me know one of our friend has already given some links but these seems to be really difficult for me so please tell me if you have personally done this with Gionee S5.5

Thank you,
Chandrashekhar

xlnzee

Jun 16, 2011
Hi,
I would like to make sure, have you tested this rooting method for Gionee S5.5? is it 100 percent working? please let me know one of our friend has already given some links but these seems to be really difficult for me so please tell me if you have personally done this with Gionee S5.5

Thank you,
Chandrashekhar

Yes I have and it works.

ultraman982

Jul 24, 2008
So the Android 4.4 update has arrived for the Indian Gionee S5.5...I'm unfortunately not seeing it as available on my Chinese Gionee s5.5.

Could anyone here potentially upload the update files, or even a stock Gionee S5.5 Indian (4.2) Rom?

Thanks a lot!

saphyr9

Jul 14, 2014
can not upgrade to kitkat 4.4

Hello

Same problem

Can not find kitkat upgrade option from system update. Can someone upload the upgrade file? or post an avalaible download link

Many thanks

devil11

Jun 23, 2011
:laugh::cowboy:

Gionee Elife S 5.5 Indian Version can be rooted successfully....

With the help of the following 3 tools....

1) MtkDroidTools v253

2) SP Flash Tool v5.1352.01

3) UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.94.zip

I will prepare a brief step by step tutorial later ....

In case of any problem....you can PM me...

:cowboy:

@Moderators / Admin --> Please create a new forum for Gionee S5.5

Any problems so far? Working Perfectly?
Please post the steps and guide us through! I really need to root this beast!
PLEASE! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Chandrashekhar Wankhade

impactor didn't detected my phone. You should buy another phone cause it heats like sun and average use temperature is 40 degrees and 50+ degree while gaming.

Thank you
    Chandrashekhar

Hi Shekher,

Please follow the step in the link below..., It will solve your issue 100%
    But it is a bit complex...

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53414199&postcount=41

Good luck :good: