[Q] Knox Security

Search This thread

kdplll

Sep 30, 2012
Florida
I hope I'm in the right place for this and it hasen't already been covered. I rooted my Verizon Galaxy Note 3 the other day and after root installed TB and SuperSu. I'm think as I was installing SuperSu, may have been TB, it asked if I wanted to disable Knox Security. Just wondering if any VGN3 users who have root have seen this? I haven't tripped Knox yet and wondering if it could still happen. I've installed Safestrap and everything seems fine so far. Still hunting the best Rom to install along side the stock 4.3. All suggestions as far as new Rom are welcome along with any input on this post. THANKS!

G

GuestK00143

I hope I'm in the right place for this and it hasen't already been covered. I rooted my Verizon Galaxy Note 3 the other day and after root installed TB and SuperSu. I'm think as I was installing SuperSu, may have been TB, it asked if I wanted to disable Knox Security. Just wondering if any VGN3 users who have root have seen this? I haven't tripped Knox yet and wondering if it could still happen. I've installed Safestrap and everything seems fine so far. Still hunting the best Rom to install along side the stock 4.3. All suggestions as far as new Rom are welcome along with any input on this post. THANKS!
The disable Knox message is totally normal. By not disabling Knox you will most likely get Knox warnings when running root programs. Just let SU disable it, all will be fine. As for 4.3 ROMs Eclipse is AOSP styled and great on the battery, Baja ROM and Hyperdrive are the most customizable. it really depends what you want out of your ROM.

kdplll

Sep 30, 2012
Florida
Many Thanks!

The disable Knox message is totally normal. By not disabling Knox you will most likely get Knox warnings when running root programs. Just let SU disable it, all will be fine. As for 4.3 ROMs Eclipse is AOSP styled and great on the battery, Baja ROM and Hyperdrive are the most customizable. it really depends what you want out of your ROM.

Thanks for getting back on this. I did let SU disable it and I'm feeling better after hearing from someone else. This is the first phone I've had to deal with Knox. I started with the first Droid Inc then moved to the Galaxy Nexus and now I'm playing with the Note 3. Gotta say I really love this phone. Hate the carrier but it's paid for so I'm kinda there. As far as roms go Hyperdrive is one I've been looking at and I'm sure to be checking out your other suggestions.

kdplll

Sep 30, 2012
Florida
Rom Sugestions

Thanks for getting back on this. I did let SU disable it and I'm feeling better after hearing from someone else. This is the first phone I've had to deal with Knox. I started with the first Droid Inc then moved to the Galaxy Nexus and now I'm playing with the Note 3. Gotta say I really love this phone. Hate the carrier but it's paid for so I'm kinda there. As far as roms go Hyperdrive is one I've been looking at and I'm sure to be checking out your other suggestions.

Misterxtc I kinda figure you haunt, in a good way, this site so I just wanted to get back and tell you
I went with the Hyperdrive Rom and couldn't be happier. I did check out you're other suggestions and
decided on Hyperdrive. Love to customize. Thanks Again for your help.

Last edited: