Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,676 Members 51,592 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One Unresponsive Need Advice

Tip us?
 
pbyers
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 13
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default HTC One Unresponsive Need Advice

I have a Tmobile HTC One M7. It was awesome! However, I wanted to root it. So I successfully unlocked the bootloader, installed TWRP and then proceeded to attempt to root. Something went wrong and now this thing is useless! I cannot tell you where it went wrong because when the first sign of trouble appeared I started doing all kinds of **** to try and fix it, none of which worked and I have lost track of what I did in the process of trying to root and then subsequently trying to fix. I know there were some wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, install zip from SD, I may have even tried to flash a custom ROM without the thing being rooted. I have been reading for days, trying this, trying that to no avail. The phone is brand new, without a scratch. It will power up like normal, but when it gets to the lock screen where you swipe the little lock in the bottom tray to use the phone it will not respond at all! It recognizes the network because it is displayed in the notifications bar up top, it can see the signal strength, it knows what time it is, it knows what the date is, but it will not get past the damn lock screen. ADB sideload works. I was able to push a zip and flashed it, even said android is upgrading when I rebooted, but it did not solve my problem. It will not power off, but when I hold the power button down, to turn it off the back arrow < and home symbol flash and after about 10 seconds a dialog box pops up that says to restart your phone continue to press and hold the power button and starts a countdown. Once the countdown gets to zero it restarts. If I hold the volume down button while doing this it will go into the boatloader and I can get into recovery. Apparently there is no backup to restore because when I try a restore I get the same exact same thing. I thought I had done one, I must have erased it somehow. I have been trying to resolve this for weeks now and am at my wits end. Any suggestions please !?!? Otherwise this things going in the trash.
 
nkk71
Old
#2  
nkk71's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2713
Posts: 5,494
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beirut
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbyers View Post
I have a Tmobile HTC One M7.

Something went wrong and now this thing is useless! I cannot tell you where it went wrong because when the first sign of trouble appeared I started doing all kinds of **** to try and fix it,

Any suggestions please !?!? Otherwise this things going in the trash.
1- relax

2- try and remember what went wrong... you could check your downloads to see what things you downloaded, maybe that will help you remember

3- what recovery do you have (name and version number)

4- post a "fastboot getvar all" (excluding IMEI and s/n)

if need be: Force reboot: press and hold POWER + VOLDOWN (under a bright light, not kidding!!), after about 5 seconds or so buttons should start blinking, and after 30 seconds or so, the phone will reboot, let go of POWER, but keep holding VOLDOWN to get back to bootloader.
(you may need to try 2 or 3 times to get it right)
 
pbyers
Old
(Last edited by pbyers; 21st May 2014 at 08:13 PM.)
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 13
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post
1- relax

2- try and remember what went wrong... you could check your downloads to see what things you downloaded, maybe that will help you remember

3- what recovery do you have (name and version number)

4- post a "fastboot getvar all" (excluding IMEI and s/n)

if need be: Force reboot: press and hold POWER + VOLDOWN (under a bright light, not kidding!!), after about 5 seconds or so buttons should start blinking, and after 30 seconds or so, the phone will reboot, let go of POWER, but keep holding VOLDOWN to get back to bootloader.
(you may need to try 2 or 3 times to get it right)
I don't know what posting a "fastboot getvar all" means. I am a complete newbie! I can get to the bootloader with no problem. It's been weeks since I fouled this thing up and do not know how to check my downloads. I have TWRP recovery. Not sure which name and number, will check when I get home. Will RUU help me?
 
NxNW
Old
#4  
NxNW's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 517
Posts: 1,427
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbyers View Post
I don't know what posting a "fastboot getvar all" means. I am a complete newbie! I can get to the bootloader with no problem. It's been weeks since I fouled this thing up and do not know how to check my downloads. I have TWRP recovery. Not sure which name and number, will check when I get home. Will RUU help me?
1 - relax

2 - slow down. don't try ten things in a row.

3- search and read.

4- you have a perfectly good $500 phone so before you throw it in the trash PM me I'll take it and even pay for shipping

5- it really sounds like you are very close to a working phone but you are just a little impatient and inexperienced (see items 1 2 and 3)

6- don't RUU *yet* until you've checked to see if something simpler will do.

Look, if you already put TWRP on there, you probably had fastboot working on your computer at some point. You're going to need fastboot to fix this. Running the command fastboot getvar all is not too hard for you to accomplish. Google how to do it and post the results (minus your personal info like serial number and IMEI) here.

PS quick clarification on terminology for HTC phones, root doesn't mean what you seem to think it means.

To get root permissions in the OS

You unlock the bootloader
That allows you to flash a custom recovery
Then in recovery you either
a) flash a ROM that is already "rooted"
or
b) flash a zip that "roots" your existing ROM

In the HTC world you do not "root" an entire phone, you only root a ROM.
Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app
 
pbyers
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 13
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxNW View Post
1 - relax

2 - slow down. don't try ten things in a row.

3- search and read.

4- you have a perfectly good $500 phone so before you throw it in the trash PM me I'll take it and even pay for shipping

5- it really sounds like you are very close to a working phone but you are just a little impatient and inexperienced (see items 1 2 and 3)

6- don't RUU *yet* until you've checked to see if something simpler will do.

Look, if you already put TWRP on there, you probably had fastboot working on your computer at some point. You're going to need fastboot to fix this. Running the command fastboot getvar all is not too hard for you to accomplish. Google how to do it and post the results (minus your personal info like serial number and IMEI) here.

PS quick clarification on terminology for HTC phones, root doesn't mean what you seem to think it means.

To get root permissions in the OS

You unlock the bootloader
That allows you to flash a custom recovery
Then in recovery you either
a) flash a ROM that is already "rooted"
or
b) flash a zip that "roots" your existing ROM

In the HTC world you do not "root" an entire phone, you only root a ROM.
Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

My results are below. Can you please help me if you can? It's killing me to not have my phone working. Thanks!


C:\Users\Paul\Desktop\OneDrivers_Fastboot\Fastboot >fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.03
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.24.531.3
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: ############
(bootloader) imei: ###############
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0713000
(bootloader) cidnum: T-MOB010
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4110mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-412e361e
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.031s

C:\Users\Paul\Desktop\OneDrivers_Fastboot\Fastboot >
 
SaHiLzZ
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 396
Posts: 1,667
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbyers View Post
My results are below. Can you please help me if you can? It's killing me to not have my phone working. Thanks!


C:\Users\Paul\Desktop\OneDrivers_Fastboot\Fastboot >fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.03
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.24.531.3
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: ############
(bootloader) imei: ###############
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0713000
(bootloader) cidnum: T-MOB010
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4110mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-412e361e
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.031s

C:\Users\Paul\Desktop\OneDrivers_Fastboot\Fastboot >
Please lock your bootloader, reboot the phone in Bootloader mode (phone should show fastboot USB on your screen) and run this RUU. http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu_m7_u..._signed_2-exe/

If it fails, don't close RUU software, go to c:\ruulog\ruu****.log and paste the contents here.
 
pbyers
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 13
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ View Post
Please lock your bootloader, reboot the phone in Bootloader mode (phone should show fastboot USB on your screen) and run this RUU. http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu_m7_u..._signed_2-exe/

If it fails, don't close RUU software, go to c:\ruulog\ruu****.log and paste the contents here.
I will try this evening, thanks for your help. How do I run the RUU?

Thanks,
Paul
 
pbyers
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 13
Join Date: Jan 2012
Default Thank You!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ View Post
Please lock your bootloader, reboot the phone in Bootloader mode (phone should show fastboot USB on your screen) and run this RUU. http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu_m7_u..._signed_2-exe/

If it fails, don't close RUU software, go to c:\ruulog\ruu****.log and paste the contents here.
You saved me! I cannot thank you enough!!!!!! I have a working HTC One now.
 
SaHiLzZ
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 396
Posts: 1,667
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbyers View Post
You saved me! I cannot thank you enough!!!!!! I have a working HTC One now.
Then hit my thanks button

Also advance edit the first post to add [SOLVED]
The Following User Says Thank You to SaHiLzZ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
pbyers
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 13
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaHiLzZ View Post
Then hit my thanks button

Also advance edit the first post to add [SOLVED]
I will gladly do it if I knew how, navigating this forum is proving challenging! Please forgive. I am new Just let me know how and I will.

Thanks!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes