[Q] AT&T M7 mysteriously charging only to 77% after recovering from a boot loop

Search This thread

arooni

Aug 15, 2011
Hey everyone:

HTC One M7 (AT&T variant). Unlocked bootloader & s-off. TWRP 2.7.0.0. HBoot 1.44.

I had Maximus 30.00 ROM on my phone up until last night. Then I downloaded Whats app plus on a questionable site application; it looked like it was taking forever to finish; so I went ahead and restarted the phone. That was a bad mistake.

The phone started boot looping. I tried in vane to reinstall the same ROM and then whatever ROM. It turned out the /data/ partition was corrupted. So I reformatted it with mkfs4 thanks to these instructions. Then I was able to install Maximus 40.00 and got the phone unbricked (yay). But I found two problems:

1) The phone battery wouldn't charge past 77%... nor did it seem to discharge.
2) The phone battery wouldn't charge when I first turned the phone off. The amber LED light would just hold constant.

I tried running that ROM with elementx kernel with no results. So I installed the latest version of this ROM (Android Revolution 71.0) with a full wipe of everything. /data/system/cache/dalvik cache etc. Still had both problems.

Then I tried installing ElementX kernel (with the fast charging option checked) with this ROM which led to the second problem going away. However the first problem still exists. I also tried clearing battery stats with no effect. Also tried doing a fastboot erase cache with no effect.

I'm not sure if the battery is really at 77%; but I have turned off the phone and am watching it charge with the same charger I've always had that charged it to 100% before... but its been going for 15-20 minutes without going up one percentage.

Any idea how I can try to get rid of this quite annoying problem? Thanks very much in advance! I would be happy to provide any additional information you might need.

Last edited: