Plex on Sale at Amazon 99Cents

Search This thread

Asphyx

Dec 19, 2007
Android Wear
Google Pixel Watch
For those who wanted to try Plex but didn't want to spend the $5 it costs for the Non-PlexPass app...

Amazon has it on sale for 99 Cents plus they will give you 30 Amazon coins...

I should point out however that Amazon is notoriously behind on the latest version of Apps compared to the Play Store and it's not uncommon for it to be two or three releases behind.

But if the cost was keeping you from checking out Plex (the Server itself is free) You might want to spend a $1 to check it out.

Bubble does a few things better than Plex does but Plex is still one of the best transcoding Media Servers available for Android...And the server works quite well with the Bubble media aggregation system.

Reactions: extrem0

extrem0

Feb 7, 2012
Actually you can get it for free. There are 5 apps that gives you 200 coins each. So if you download these 5 apps you'll have 1000 coins (=$10). Then you can use 99 coins (=$0.99) to "buy" plex. Then you can buy Avia and other apps.
y4yryzu3.jpg

Asphyx

Dec 19, 2007
Android Wear
Google Pixel Watch
thanks...
Me myself made the decision awhile ago to only install apps from the Play store for the reasons I cited regarding timely updates...
That and the fact that when using Amazon you have to login to the store every now and then to check license before yo can use it...

But for those who are cost conscious and stayed away from Plex I though I would let them know...

Free is even better provided you do not have to install the crapware needed to get the coins.

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
Free is even better provided you do not have to install the crapware needed to get the coins.
You get the coins on purchase, so you don't have to install the apps.
That's why I usually do these from computer so they stay on the cloud side.
You can also remove purchases from your account if there's something that you're sure you don't want.

extrem0

Feb 7, 2012
You can also remove purchases from your account if there's something that you're sure you don't want.

I "purchased" these free apps from my phone. I just cancelled the installation after its download.

Asphyx

Dec 19, 2007
Android Wear
Google Pixel Watch

Yeah I just decided to stay away from Amazon's store entirely....
You have to open it to update apps and manually select update...
Some apps won't open unless you open and log into the Amazon App to verify License...
Amazon Apps are usually two versions behind on Apps that get updated often...

Just a personal preference of mine and I sure don't mean to discourage anyone from using it because they do have a lot of value at a better price...
To me it's just worth the extra money to know I don't have to worry about updates and such, it all is done automatically whenever I'm in range of a WiFi.

DJames1

Oct 10, 2013
But I don't get a "Buy" link, just a link to the Amazon App Store, which I can't run on my PC.

DJames1

Oct 10, 2013
Ok, it works now. I don't know why it wasn't working before, logged in to the same account. Maybe because I hadn't yet bought any Android apps or registered an Android device on that account? Now I have two Android devices registered for some reason, but it's the same device registered twice.

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
Ok, it works now. I don't know why it wasn't working before, logged in to the same account. Maybe because I hadn't yet bought any Android apps or registered an Android device on that account? Now I have two Android devices registered for some reason, but it's the same device registered twice.
You definitely need to have Amazon Appstore installed and logged in from at least one Android device.

I wouldn't worry too much about the duplicate device, it can happen if you change ROM or even upon reinstall sometimes. You can remove the duplicate in your Amazon settings under my digital devices.

-= this post enhanced with bonus mobile typos =-

Asphyx

Dec 19, 2007
Android Wear
Google Pixel Watch
You definitely need to have Amazon Appstore installed and logged in from at least one Android device.

I wouldn't worry too much about the duplicate device, it can happen if you change ROM or even upon reinstall sometimes. You can remove the duplicate in your Amazon settings under my digital devices.

-= this post enhanced with bonus mobile typos =-

LOL the Play store also used to think I had 4 different Phones which were really all the same phone with different roms installed on them!
And you are right you have to have the Amazon App installed and that will register the device to the account once you have logged in with it...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who wanted to try Plex but didn't want to spend the $5 it costs for the Non-PlexPass app...

Amazon has it on sale for 99 Cents plus they will give you 30 Amazon coins...

I should point out however that Amazon is notoriously behind on the latest version of Apps compared to the Play Store and it's not uncommon for it to be two or three releases behind.

But if the cost was keeping you from checking out Plex (the Server itself is free) You might want to spend a $1 to check it out.

Bubble does a few things better than Plex does but Plex is still one of the best transcoding Media Servers available for Android...And the server works quite well with the Bubble media aggregation system.
    But I don't get a "Buy" link, just a link to the Amazon App Store, which I can't run on my PC.

Do you have an Amazon account set up? You need to be logged in I believe and have 1 click buy set up...