Speaker phone problem.

Search This thread

nudawa

Oct 20, 2006
Tien Giang
Hello. I have problem with my Galaxy S5 G900H.
Whenever I turn on speaker to talk to people, the person on the other line cannot hear me properly. The sounds flickers and very distorted.
I believe something is wrong with the top microphone. Or is this software related.
Any idea would be great. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Mandeep148

May 10, 2012
Ludhiana
Did you tried to use another network ? If yes then its may b hardware fault. Get replacement asap.
For try you can reset your software but must backup your data first.
What it will do is reinstall software freshly which can also help to fix bugs.

Sent from my Micromax A74 using XDA Free mobile app

coolmalayalee

Oct 13, 2011
Mandeep148 said:
Did you tried to use another network ? If yes then its may b hardware fault. Get replacement asap.
For try you can reset your software but must backup your data first.
What it will do is reinstall software freshly which can also help to fix bugs.

Sent from my Micromax A74 using XDA Free mobile app

Just bought S5 (SM-G900H) from India. I have the exact same problem as the OP. If I put the call on speaker the person on the other end can not hear me clearly. As such, the speaker volume is too low and feeble even if I put it on maximum volume. My wife's Moto G3 is at least three times louder. Also, I think the mic is too insensitive. Unless I speak pretty close to the mic the person on the other end can not hear me. On my previous Galaxy S2 and Xperia Z3c I could put on speaker and leave it on the table. I could be even few meters away from the phone and I could still be audible to the other person. I am in a good network (AirTel) area. You think its going to be a hardware issue and I should ask for a replacement? Or is it something that can be moded if I root? I am still on stock 4.4.2, not rooted and not having any case on the phone.