Post Reply

Info 2 Nexus 7 App Incompatibility List

OP mmmcfc

19th July 2012, 10:16 PM   |  #1  
mmmcfc's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Luton
Thanks Meter: 940
 
753 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Was searching the market for apps only to find out some apps are not available/compatible with our tablet, including some which I've previously paid for e.g FIFA 12. This thread is so we can establish which apps are confirmed to to be not available or working. Just reply with the name of the app and whether it is just unavailable on the Google Play Store, or the actual .apk did not work.
Tip: If an app is not compatible emailing the developer via the Play Store may help, as was the case with one app I encountered.

Code:
A
Adobe Flash Player - Unavailable but working
Amazing Alex - Unavailable Now available and Working
Adobe Photoshop Touch - Unavailable
Audubon Guides - Unavailable but working
B
BBC iPlayer - Unavailable but working (must have flash and 3rd party Browser)
Bejeweled® 2 - Unavailable
C
CNN & CNN for Tablets - Unavailable
C.H.A.O.S - Works but with some graphic issues
D
Draw Race 2 - Unavailable
Dead Space 1 & 2 - Unavailable but working
Dead Trigger - Latest version does not work without clean install
E
F
FIFA 12 - Unavailable
Flex T9 Keyboard - Unavailable and not working
G
Game Dev Story
H
HBO Go
I
J
K
L
M
Mass Effect Infiltrator - Unavailable but working
Microsoft One Note - Not Working
Mega Jump - Unavailable but working
N
Navigon USA - Unavailable
NBA Jam - Unavailable
NBC Olympics Live Extra
MADDEN NFL 12 by EA SPORTS™ - Unavailable
NEED FOR SPEED™ Shift - Unavailable
O
P
Plants vs. Zombies - Unavailable
POGO Games - Unavailable
Q
Quick ICS Browser- Available but not working
R
S
Screencast Video Recorder - Available but not working
Swype - Unavailable and doesn't work
SCRABBLE Free - Unavailable
SimCity™ Deluxe - Unavailable
Surviving High School - Unavailable
T
The Economist - Unavailable
Tumblr - Unavailable
Time Warner Cable TV - Unavailable and not working
TETRIS ® - Unavailable and not working
TETRIS® free - Unavailable and not working
The Old Republic™ Security - Unavailable and not working
The Sims™ 3 - Unavailable and not working
The Sims™ FreePlay - Unavailable and not working
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 12 - Unavailable
U
V
Viber - Unavailable and not working
W
Weeds on Showtime - Unavailable but working
Worms - Unavailable but working (buggy)
World Series of Poker - Unavailable
X
Y
Z
Please help with your input guys
Last edited by mmmcfc; 9th August 2012 at 02:46 AM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mmmcfc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th July 2012, 11:01 PM   |  #2  
CooLoserTech's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 212
 
648 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
add all THD games obviously. Also, Amazing Alex HD works if you sideload it.
The Following User Says Thank You to CooLoserTech For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th July 2012, 11:07 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69
 
256 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
I had specifically wanted to get Dead Space and Mass Effect Infiltrator with my Google Play credit but to my dismay both came up as "Your device isn't compatible with this version". However, taking my old rooted Epic 4G, and modding my build.prop to allow me to purchase both and taking the APK files onto my stock Nexus 7, both install and play just fine. Annoyed that I had to go through such hoops to buy and install the games I wanted but worked out in the end.
The Following User Says Thank You to Orbiting234 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2012, 05:05 PM   |  #4  
mmmcfc's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Luton
Thanks Meter: 940
 
753 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Updated the OP with some more apps, and renamed the thread to more accurately reflect it's purpose
24th July 2012, 05:31 PM   |  #5  
phonic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 411
 
1,129 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
Donate to Me
More
Adobe Flash....
24th July 2012, 05:41 PM   |  #6  
clintkev251's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Grand Rapids, MI
Thanks Meter: 20
 
192 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonic

Adobe Flash....

Working, just not available

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
24th July 2012, 05:44 PM   |  #7  
phonic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 411
 
1,129 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintkev251

Working, just not available

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

True, but I thought this thread was covering that category of apps too.
24th July 2012, 05:46 PM   |  #8  
chrisjcks's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bolton
Thanks Meter: 934
 
2,926 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbiting234

I had specifically wanted to get Dead Space and Mass Effect Infiltrator with my Google Play credit but to my dismay both came up as "Your device isn't compatible with this version". However, taking my old rooted Epic 4G, and modding my build.prop to allow me to purchase both and taking the APK files onto my stock Nexus 7, both install and play just fine. Annoyed that I had to go through such hoops to buy and install the games I wanted but worked out in the end.

I have mass effect from the store, works perfectly on my Nexus 7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
24th July 2012, 05:57 PM   |  #9  
Zargon335's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
112 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
The latest version of Dead Trigger does not work. The previous version did.

Microsoft OneNote does not work.
24th July 2012, 06:08 PM   |  #10  
mmmcfc's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Luton
Thanks Meter: 940
 
753 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonic

Adobe Flash....

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintkev251

Working, just not available

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonic

True, but I thought this thread was covering that category of apps too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjcks

I have mass effect from the store, works perfectly on my Nexus 7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zargon335

The latest version of Dead Trigger does not work. The previous version did.

Microsoft OneNote does not work.

Thank you guys, adding to the OP

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 7 General by ThreadRank