Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,088 Members 39,191 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Instant Reboot When Flashing Anything in TWRP or Stock Recovery?

Tip us?
 
naruto.ninjakid
Old
#1  
naruto.ninjakid's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 368
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Jersey
Question Instant Reboot When Flashing Anything in TWRP or Stock Recovery?

Hi Iím having serious problems with my phone, it constantly reboots no matter what I do. Was rooted running slimkat and then it kept rebooting? Also had devil kernel installed. Tried to restore previous ROM in TWRP 2.7 but it fails instantly, couldnít flash any new ROMís either it would just stall on 0%. SO I just flashed back to stock 4.1.2 in ODIN. I also have the old bootloader I never updated to 4.3. Does anyone have any ideas whatís going on. I also tried to factory reset in the stock recovery but it instantly rebooted again after trying to wipe data. Does anyone know whatís going on?
Enjoying My Devices
iPad Air 32GB WiFi | Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Given Away/Retired) | OnePlus 64GB (T-Mobile) | Note 4 (Unreleased- Must Have ! )
 
naruto.ninjakid
Old
(Last edited by naruto.ninjakid; 19th May 2014 at 03:33 PM.)
#2  
naruto.ninjakid's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 368
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto.ninjakid View Post
Hi I’m having serious problems with my phone, it constantly reboots no matter what I do. Was rooted running slimkat and then it kept rebooting? Also had devil kernel installed. Tried to restore previous ROM in TWRP 2.7 but it fails instantly, couldn’t flash any new ROM’s either it would just stall on 0%. SO I just flashed back to stock 4.1.2 in ODIN. I also have the old bootloader I never updated to 4.3. Does anyone have any ideas what’s going on. I also tried to factory reset in the stock recovery but it instantly rebooted again after trying to wipe data. Does anyone know what’s going on?
In stock recovery it says E:failed to mount /data (Invalid argument)
cant mount '/data'(Invalid argument)


Just did some research some say i need a PIT file. Where would i find one and how would i flash it ?
Enjoying My Devices
iPad Air 32GB WiFi | Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Given Away/Retired) | OnePlus 64GB (T-Mobile) | Note 4 (Unreleased- Must Have ! )
 
erica_renee
Old
#3  
erica_renee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 505
Posts: 2,349
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Louisville

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto.ninjakid View Post
In stock recovery it says E:failed to mount /data (Invalid argument)
cant mount '/data'(Invalid argument)


Just did some research some say i need a PIT file. Where would i find one and how would i flash it ?
Try Downloading a FULL Firmware Package from samsung firmware or sammobile for your device in Odin. I think you might have to flash back to ics . This will flash the Pit because of partition changes If i remember correctly...
Then you can again flash what you like once you root and recovery install
They are my Nexus 7,Note 10.1 and Note 2 phone.
Get your own.Play nice and follow the rules or you WILL end up in the knob jail Cell
 
naruto.ninjakid
Old
#4  
naruto.ninjakid's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 368
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by erica_renee View Post
Try Downloading a FULL Firmware Package from samsung firmware or sammobile for your device in Odin. I think you might have to flash back to ics . This will flash the Pit because of partition changes If i remember correctly...
Then you can again flash what you like once you root and recovery install
I downloaded 4.1.2 Firmware but i dont see a pit file. Right now phone just keeps rebooting even after odin ?
Enjoying My Devices
iPad Air 32GB WiFi | Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Given Away/Retired) | OnePlus 64GB (T-Mobile) | Note 4 (Unreleased- Must Have ! )
 
erica_renee
Old
#5  
erica_renee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 505
Posts: 2,349
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Louisville

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto.ninjakid View Post
I downloaded 4.1.2 Firmware but i dont see a pit file. Right now phone just keeps rebooting even after odin ?
Is the Phone getting too hot.
They are my Nexus 7,Note 10.1 and Note 2 phone.
Get your own.Play nice and follow the rules or you WILL end up in the knob jail Cell
 
naruto.ninjakid
Old
#6  
naruto.ninjakid's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 368
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by erica_renee View Post
Is the Phone getting too hot.
No normal temperature
Enjoying My Devices
iPad Air 32GB WiFi | Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Given Away/Retired) | OnePlus 64GB (T-Mobile) | Note 4 (Unreleased- Must Have ! )
 
erica_renee
Old
#7  
erica_renee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 505
Posts: 2,349
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Louisville

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto.ninjakid View Post
No normal temperature
Check the Pm . other then that i really do not know. Wait until someone with more experience then me to post back. They will its just not always immediately
They are my Nexus 7,Note 10.1 and Note 2 phone.
Get your own.Play nice and follow the rules or you WILL end up in the knob jail Cell
The Following User Says Thank You to erica_renee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ciphercodes
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 235
Posts: 472
Join Date: Oct 2012
Looks like /data is not accessible.
Did you format, delete any /data while switching from slimkat/4.1.2 roms ?

Log in to recovery and then under Advancec-> File manager try accessing /data mount and see if you can access it ?
If you can access it then /data is not corrupted and it can be fixed by simply formatting it.
If not then I am not sure if there is any choice other than try to format /data and see if this fixes the issue -> Please note by formatting /data you will loose all your data and settings.
 
naruto.ninjakid
Old
#9  
naruto.ninjakid's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 368
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciphercodes View Post
Looks like /data is not accessible.
Did you format, delete any /data while switching from slimkat/4.1.2 roms ?

Log in to recovery and then under Advancec-> File manager try accessing /data mount and see if you can access it ?
If you can access it then /data is not corrupted and it can be fixed by simply formatting it.
If not then I am not sure if there is any choice other than try to format /data and see if this fixes the issue -> Please note by formatting /data you will loose all your data and settings.
I'm on stock recovery now. I odined back to stock 4.1.1 but Samsung logo appears and then t mobile logo but then phone restarts.
Enjoying My Devices
iPad Air 32GB WiFi | Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Given Away/Retired) | OnePlus 64GB (T-Mobile) | Note 4 (Unreleased- Must Have ! )
 
ciphercodes
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 235
Posts: 472
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto.ninjakid View Post
I'm on stock recovery now. I odined back to stock 4.1.1 but Samsung logo appears and then t mobile logo but then phone restarts.
Alright, boot into stock recovery then perform a factory reset.

Tags
battery, brick, note 2, power, root
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes