Question

Instant Reboot When Flashing Anything in TWRP or Stock Recovery?

19th May 2014, 03:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 38

389 posts
More
Hi Iím having serious problems with my phone, it constantly reboots no matter what I do. Was rooted running slimkat and then it kept rebooting? Also had devil kernel installed. Tried to restore previous ROM in TWRP 2.7 but it fails instantly, couldnít flash any new ROMís either it would just stall on 0%. SO I just flashed back to stock 4.1.2 in ODIN. I also have the old bootloader I never updated to 4.3. Does anyone have any ideas whatís going on. I also tried to factory reset in the stock recovery but it instantly rebooted again after trying to wipe data. Does anyone know whatís going on?
19th May 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey

389 posts
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto.ninjakid

Hi I’m having serious problems with my phone, it constantly reboots no matter what I do. Was rooted running slimkat and then it kept rebooting? Also had devil kernel installed. Tried to restore previous ROM in TWRP 2.7 but it fails instantly, couldn’t flash any new ROM’s either it would just stall on 0%. SO I just flashed back to stock 4.1.2 in ODIN. I also have the old bootloader I never updated to 4.3. Does anyone have any ideas what’s going on. I also tried to factory reset in the stock recovery but it instantly rebooted again after trying to wipe data. Does anyone know what’s going on?

In stock recovery it says E:failed to mount /data (Invalid argument)
cant mount '/data'(Invalid argument)

Just did some research some say i need a PIT file. Where would i find one and how would i flash it ?
Last edited by naruto.ninjakid; 19th May 2014 at 03:33 PM.
19th May 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #3  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 509

2,366 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

In stock recovery it says E:failed to mount /data (Invalid argument)
cant mount '/data'(Invalid argument)

Just did some research some say i need a PIT file. Where would i find one and how would i flash it ?

Try Downloading a FULL Firmware Package from samsung firmware or sammobile for your device in Odin. I think you might have to flash back to ics . This will flash the Pit because of partition changes If i remember correctly...
Then you can again flash what you like once you root and recovery install
19th May 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey

389 posts
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by erica_renee

Try Downloading a FULL Firmware Package from samsung firmware or sammobile for your device in Odin. I think you might have to flash back to ics . This will flash the Pit because of partition changes If i remember correctly...
Then you can again flash what you like once you root and recovery install

I downloaded 4.1.2 Firmware but i dont see a pit file. Right now phone just keeps rebooting even after odin ?
19th May 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #5  
Flag Louisville

2,366 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I downloaded 4.1.2 Firmware but i dont see a pit file. Right now phone just keeps rebooting even after odin ?

Is the Phone getting too hot.
19th May 2014, 04:26 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey

389 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erica_renee

Is the Phone getting too hot.

No normal temperature
19th May 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #7  
Flag Louisville

2,366 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

No normal temperature

Check the Pm . other then that i really do not know. Wait until someone with more experience then me to post back. They will its just not always immediately
The Following User Says Thank You to erica_renee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 235

472 posts
Looks like /data is not accessible.
Did you format, delete any /data while switching from slimkat/4.1.2 roms ?

Log in to recovery and then under Advancec-> File manager try accessing /data mount and see if you can access it ?
If you can access it then /data is not corrupted and it can be fixed by simply formatting it.
If not then I am not sure if there is any choice other than try to format /data and see if this fixes the issue -> Please note by formatting /data you will loose all your data and settings.
19th May 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey

389 posts
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciphercodes

Looks like /data is not accessible.
Did you format, delete any /data while switching from slimkat/4.1.2 roms ?

Log in to recovery and then under Advancec-> File manager try accessing /data mount and see if you can access it ?
If you can access it then /data is not corrupted and it can be fixed by simply formatting it.
If not then I am not sure if there is any choice other than try to format /data and see if this fixes the issue -> Please note by formatting /data you will loose all your data and settings.

I'm on stock recovery now. I odined back to stock 4.1.1 but Samsung logo appears and then t mobile logo but then phone restarts.
19th May 2014, 05:09 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 235

472 posts
Quote:

I'm on stock recovery now. I odined back to stock 4.1.1 but Samsung logo appears and then t mobile logo but then phone restarts.

Alright, boot into stock recovery then perform a factory reset.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, brick, note 2, power, root
Previous Thread Next Thread