No registration required

XperiaZ Simfree on Softbank

OP StefanRe

7th October 2013, 03:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Hi All

Simply put, I have a Softbank flatrate contract for Internet/Calls (Pakehoudai) and was using this with the Pantone 6 (200SH) but I dropped this too hard...display is cracked but its still usable.
I got myself a simfree Xperia Z as replacement anyway. Calls and SMS work fine. MMS I dont care. Mobile Data however is also not working. I tried lots of APN settings already including andoworld, plus.softbank, smile.world but they wouldnt work. The APN setting sin the old phone are not viewable/changeable by default. I recently found through an APN backup app that the actual APN is fourgsmartphone. However, this also didn't do it. Has anyone experience with this kind of APN ? I belive it might be some device specific APN maybe.

Regards

Stefan
20th October 2013, 12:13 PM   |  #2  
Flag Okinawa
Thanks Meter: 49

512 posts
More
Try the open.softbank APN. That's what I use

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
21st October 2013, 10:20 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Hmm, I think I also tried that one. Will check again after I return to Japan this WE.
28th October 2013, 05:24 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
tried that one again. No luck. I think my SIM uses yet another "special" APN for SB newest 4G smartphones.
12th March 2014, 12:46 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3

59 posts
More
This is an old thread but I ran across it in my searches so others may too.

If your apn is fourgsmartphone, which I think is pretty common, then your apn user and pass are specific to your sim card. Only 2 or three phones have been found to have "hacks" that allow you to access those values. At least that's all I have found in the last day searching. Off hand one of those phones is the huawei 201m.

Good luck to us all. I might just end up buying a used huawei just to find out the code. If that's the case I'll post if it works
Last edited by moku160; 12th March 2014 at 12:49 PM.
13th March 2014, 12:51 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
That was also my last finding. Sorry should have posted it. The UN and PW are somewhere on the SIM card, but I dont know how to read them. If my Japanese was better I'd try some of those Otaku shops in my town and see if they can find out.
Still have no mobile data. But i found, I spent 90% of my time close to WLAN I can live with it.
16th April 2014, 05:54 AM   |  #7  
Flag TOYOHASHI
Thanks Meter: 32

158 posts
More
UN & PW on USim card
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanRe

That was also my last finding. Sorry should have posted it. The UN and PW are somewhere on the SIM card, but I dont know how to read them. If my Japanese was better I'd try some of those Otaku shops in my town and see if they can find out.
Still have no mobile data. But i found, I spent 90% of my time close to WLAN I can live with it.

Thanks for the post on this i just moved to Japan and bought the Pantone 6 just to use my unlocked Xperia ZL but after a lot of research the "siliver" colored USim cards have the username and password specific for each sim card. You mention that the UN and PW is on the sim card my wife is Japanese so i'll ask her if she can find the UN or PW if there is any on the sim card.

Did anyone find one of the phones where we can see all APN settings? Or is there Japanese shops I can go to to assist me with using my Xperia ZL on Softbank network? If i put my sim in my ZL i can make calls and use MMS but no internet connection.

Thanks again.
16th April 2014, 09:06 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by primod808

Thanks for the post on this i just moved to Japan and bought the Pantone 6 just to use my unlocked Xperia ZL but after a lot of research the "siliver" colored USim cards have the username and password specific for each sim card. You mention that the UN and PW is on the sim card my wife is Japanese so i'll ask her if she can find the UN or PW if there is any on the sim card.

Did anyone find one of the phones where we can see all APN settings? Or is there Japanese shops I can go to to assist me with using my Xperia ZL on Softbank network? If i put my sim in my ZL i can make calls and use MMS but no internet connection.

Thanks again.

Primod8080,

First, welcome to Japan and it's quasi-monopoly spoiled network operators.
I dont know if I mentioned before, I also got the Pantone 6 SIM and it is still not working in my Xperia Z Simfree for mobile data. Phone and SMS is fine. The UN and PW for the softbank APN should be stored on the SIM. To read them out you dont need Japanese language skills, but rather an app or SIM-to-PC connection and a program. I also have a Japanese wife, but she is not interested in hacking SIMs. Maybe your wife is ? Let me know. There are shops in the electronics district (e.g. Akihabara) that offer mobile data related services, maybe they can help you for a fee.
Meanwhile, you can abuse the Pantone 6 as a mobile Wifi router via the thethering app, if that is in your contract. Also some, but not all Softbank Wifi hotspots in shops will accept your Xperia ZL/softbank SIM.
What I will do in the near future is get a bmobile SIM without contract or phone. Stupid Softbank.

Greetings

Stefan
The Following User Says Thank You to StefanRe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2014, 12:06 PM   |  #9  
Flag TOYOHASHI
Thanks Meter: 32

158 posts
More
Thanks...
Thanks Stefan for your responce i'm still getting use to living in Japan only been here for about 3 months now. Sorry for the late responce finally found work as an English teacher here so didn't get a chance to come on xda for a while. I did figure a way to use my xperia zl on softbank's network but i had to buy softbank motorola razr m201 once i got it i installed an apk file that someone made specifically for the m201 that will get the unique username and password once i got that everything was fine. I got the phone off yahoo auction with the help of my wife she did the translation.

Thanks again and hope we can be friends here and in Japan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanRe

Primod8080,

First, welcome to Japan and it's quasi-monopoly spoiled network operators.
I dont know if I mentioned before, I also got the Pantone 6 SIM and it is still not working in my Xperia Z Simfree for mobile data. Phone and SMS is fine. The UN and PW for the softbank APN should be stored on the SIM. To read them out you dont need Japanese language skills, but rather an app or SIM-to-PC connection and a program. I also have a Japanese wife, but she is not interested in hacking SIMs. Maybe your wife is ? Let me know. There are shops in the electronics district (e.g. Akihabara) that offer mobile data related services, maybe they can help you for a fee.
Meanwhile, you can abuse the Pantone 6 as a mobile Wifi router via the thethering app, if that is in your contract. Also some, but not all Softbank Wifi hotspots in shops will accept your Xperia ZL/softbank SIM.
What I will do in the near future is get a bmobile SIM without contract or phone. Stupid Softbank.

Greetings

Stefan

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread