Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,915 Members 37,944 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Droid RAZR HD Maxx Stuck in Boot NOT Rooted

Tip us?

FlyOnTheWall43
Old
(Last edited by FlyOnTheWall43; 17th May 2014 at 07:14 PM.) Reason: typo
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy [Q] Droid RAZR HD Maxx Stuck in Boot NOT Rooted

Hello Everybody,

I'm in trouble and I'm curious if anybody can help...

I played by the rules and waited for the OTA to get KitKat on this phone, unfortunately it hasn't worked out well for me. A couple weeks ago I noticed the performance (speed and battery) wasn't as great as it had always been, but I just assumed I had some apps hogging the system down, so I booted into recovery and cleared the cache. This helped a little, but it still wasn't the same as just a couple days before.

A couple days later it was still acting up, so I decided to soft reset to try and help it, but this time it took a good 10 minutes for it to get past the red eye looking boot screen, but eventually it made it. A couple days after that it started randomly resetting itself a few times a day, each time taking longer to get past the boot screen. The next day, it reset itself again and this time it was stuck on the boot screen for 10+ hours and never got past it.

Which is where I am now with this phone... I can get it to boot into recover and have hard reset it 3 or 4 times, but it still gets stuck on the boot screen and never gets up and running. I thought about trying to root it and see if there is something else I can do, but I really don't want to end up bricking my phone.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks for your time!
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyOnTheWall43 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bweN diorD
Old
(Last edited by bweN diorD; 26th May 2014 at 02:45 PM.) Reason: fixed bad links
Thanks Meter 574
download this xml file http://www.mediafire.com/view/2jt3ez...Q-94-1_CFC.xml
download the 9.30.1 ota from sbf droid devs http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=5
extract it to a folder and DELETE the xml file, then copy the one above into the folder
make sure you have the latest rsd, http://www.mediafire.com/download/be...Lite_6.1.6.zip
load the xml file into rsd and flash as usual
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here
The Following User Says Thank You to bweN diorD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FlyOnTheWall43
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
sorry, i'm a bit of a rookie when it comes to this stuff... what do you mean "flash as usual"?

FlyOnTheWall43
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
download this xml file
Also, I'm getting an "Invalid or Deleted File" for the xml file.

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyOnTheWall43 View Post
sorry, i'm a bit of a rookie when it comes to this stuff... what do you mean "flash as usual"?
make sure you have the latest moto drivers installed on your pc
from a powered off state, hold both vol keys and power until a menu appears then release all (if it doesnt work the first time keep trying the menu is there).
use the vol down key to highlight ap fastboot, then use the vol up key to select it.
next pug the phone to your pc using a moto original cable into a usb 2 port.
open rsd (which you should have already installed), in the address box at the top navigate to the xml file i gave you that you put in the stock software directory and click it to load it into rsd.
then just click Start

if you did everything correctly it should flash all the way with no errors then reboot the phone.
be patient, some files take time to flash and do not unplug the phone until it says pass (hopefully lol) or fail.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Quote:
mmk, let me put it on another host. brb

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Quote:
click download in the upper right if it shows the file and doesnt start right away
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sbsiw03s6k...W_CFC_DOWN.xml
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
The Following User Says Thank You to bweN diorD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FlyOnTheWall43
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
make sure you have the latest moto drivers installed on your pc
from a powered off state, hold both vol keys and power until a menu appears then release all (if it doesnt work the first time keep trying the menu is there).
use the vol down key to highlight ap fastboot, then use the vol up key to select it.
next pug the phone to your pc using a moto original cable into a usb 2 port.
open rsd (which you should have already installed), in the address box at the top navigate to the xml file i gave you that you put in the stock software directory and click it to load it into rsd.
then just click Start

if you did everything correctly it should flash all the way with no errors then reboot the phone.
be patient, some files take time to flash and do not unplug the phone until it says pass (hopefully lol) or fail.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

mmk, let me put it on another host. brb

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

click download in the upper right if it shows the file and doesnt start right away
Got it... waiting for my battery to charge and i'll give it a try. Thanks a ton for your help!

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 574
Quote:
Got it... waiting for my battery to charge and i'll give it a try. Thanks a ton for your help!
happy to help

FlyOnTheWall43
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Sorry I didn't get back to you about whether or not this worked... I was in the process of installing a Windows update the same time I was working on this, and it really screwed up my computer. Long story short I ended up restoring my computer back to before I did the update (and downloaded/installed all this stuff). But I'm good to try it now, but I'm unsure about another thing...

Quote:
what do you mean by "rsd"? In your origial reply you said:

Quote:
make sure you have the latest rsd, mediafire.com/download/1i239kngkfh8vrn/RSD_Lite_6.1.5_+_MTK_Patch.exe
But when I download that file and install it, I don't get an "RSD" program, 4shared Desktop is what installs. I think I'm missing something.

Sorry again for my rookie-ness.
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyOnTheWall43 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bweN diorD
Old
(Last edited by bweN diorD; 26th May 2014 at 02:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 574
Quote:
Sorry I didn't get back to you about whether or not this worked... I was in the process of installing a Windows update the same time I was working on this, and it really screwed up my computer. Long story short I ended up restoring my computer back to before I did the update (and downloaded/installed all this stuff). But I'm good to try it now, but I'm unsure about another thing...

what do you mean by "rsd"? In your origial reply you said:

But when I download that file and install it, I don't get an "RSD" program, 4shared Desktop is what installs. I think I'm missing something.

Sorry again for my rookie-ness.
wow, sorry about that, i had no idea it was doing that.
i deleted that file and put up the correct one here
http://www.mediafire.com/download/be...Lite_6.1.6.zip

edit: updated post 2 with the correct link shown above

FlyOnTheWall43
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I'm getting an error when I select the replaced xml file in RSD (see attachment)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RSD Errro.png
Views:	56
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	2754607