Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Post [Q] Does restore factory setting remove the custom rom inside the internal storage ?

OP Sharvin Win

24th May 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi guys, sorry this my first post and i am a total beginner in this. I am planning to flash CyanogenMod, for my xperia sl but before i do that i must delete data/ restore factory settings right ? But if i do that wont it delete the img. file in the internal storage ? , since my xperia sl has no external storage or a partition on the device named "/sdcard" .... So where should i keep the the img.file then ? I am scared that if i proceed then all my files including the CyanogenMod rom is removed then i cant flash anything ...
24th May 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 13

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharvin Win

Hi guys, sorry this my first post and i am a total beginner in this. I am planning to flash CyanogenMod, for my xperia sl but before i do that i must delete data/ restore factory settings right ? But if i do that wont it delete the img. file in the internal storage ? , since my xperia sl has no external storage or a partition on the device named "/sdcard" .... So where should i keep the the img.file then ? I am scared that if i proceed then all my files including the CyanogenMod rom is removed then i cant flash anything ...

This will not happen.

You should indeed wipe data (and wipe cache and dalvik cache) when installing a new ROM. The data on your SD card will remain there, like your music and other stuff. Just place the *img. file in the root folder.

Good luck with flashing your new ROM
The Following User Says Thank You to mgrinwis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Smile Thank You
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrinwis

This will not happen.

You should indeed wipe data (and wipe cache and dalvik cache) when installing a new ROM. The data on your SD card will remain there, like your music and other stuff. Just place the *img. file in the root folder.

Good luck with flashing your new ROM

Thank you so much... you cleared my doubt and I just found out what my problem was.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread