Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,289 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Square Card Reader on the hp touchpad

Tip us?

Cannonball003
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Square Card Reader on the hp touchpad

Hi Guys,
Have any of you been able to successfully swipe a card with the HP touchpad and square card reader?

If so any tricks and what software version were you on? Any information about this would be awesome.

Thanks!

upsmanraz
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I don't have square, but PayPal card reader works perfectly. I can remember what my signature says, but I'm on cm9 nightly.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda app-developers app
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
T-Mobile Stock Rom Rooted on ATT Phone
Gotta get used to this!

Phone: T-Mobile HTC Sensation 4G
Rom: Elegancia Sense 4.1 4G 7.0.0
Kernel: Seb
HBoot:1.27.1100 S-OFF
Radio:11.24A.3504.31_M
Recovery: 4EXT Touch 1.0.0.5r9
SD Card: Sandisk 16GB Class: 10

Backup: HTC HD2
Android: Energy

Backup Backup: HTC HD2
Tytung NexusHD2

HP Touchpad
Classicnerd Butta

I guess I love devices that don't run their native os

x000x
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsmanraz View Post
I don't have square, but PayPal card reader works perfectly. I can remember what my signature says, but I'm on cm9 nightly.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda app-developers app

do you still have your touchpad? and if so, does it work with cm10? does it only work with manual input of cc # or swiping as well?

upsmanraz
Old
(Last edited by upsmanraz; 19th October 2013 at 07:15 PM.) Reason: add info
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by x000x View Post
do you still have your touchpad? and if so, does it work with cm10? does it only work with manual input of cc # or swiping as well?

I havent tried with cm10. I do still have my touchpad, but ive given it over to my 2 year old for the learning games and puzzles. The swiping did work with cm9 i do remember that. Do you have the reader with the black or white bands on the plug? The first one I had with the black bands worked on cm9 and also with my Sensation, but didn't work on my Galaxy Note 2. Paypal sent me the reader with the white bands and that works. It could also be the black bands only work with ICS, and the white with JB.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

kanisdragon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsmanraz View Post
I havent tried with cm10. I do still have my touchpad, but ive given it over to my 2 year old for the learning games and puzzles. The swiping did work with cm9 i do remember that. Do you have the reader with the black or white bands on the plug? The first one I had with the black bands worked on cm9 and also with my Sensation, but didn't work on my Galaxy Note 2. Paypal sent me the reader with the white bands and that works. It could also be the black bands only work with ICS, and the white with JB.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
How did you get Paypal Here installed on the Touchpad? When I open the app in Google Play it says it's not compatible with this device and offers no installation button. Searching online shows Paypal Here has never supported tablets on Android. More importantly, CyanogenMod on touchpad has never supported the mic pin on the headset jack, which is why square reader won't work with it. Paypal reader should have the same problem.