Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,690 Members 47,328 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

help me

Tip us?

zhian14
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default help me

Good day !

i just want to ask if anyone here knows how to help me,

my problem is i'm trying to add a shortcut of an app in my settings, i have finished that but i want that app to be completely hidden from the drawer (like the cpu states or cpu nofrills control in most custom roms), been searchin in xda but didn't find one, please please help me ....

marcussmith2626
Old
(Last edited by marcussmith2626; 20th May 2014 at 03:50 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2332
it will be in the androidmanifest.xml of the app

for example look for the line that starts

Code:
<application android:label="@string/app_name" android:icon="@drawable/icon"
the string is the text and the drawable is the png so delete these (just the parts in red - leave the rest of the line and the name of the string and the drawable value will be different in each app)

dont forget since you have now change the manifest of the app you will need to resign the app
you can use zipsigner - use a testkey for normal app and either a testkey or a platform key for system app depending on permisssions

My Work And Threads For Galaxy Y GT-S5360

My PM is not a Question & Answer thread - Dont treat it as such!
The Following User Says Thank You to marcussmith2626 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kevin Vengeance
Old
Thanks Meter 28

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhian14 View Post
Good day !

i just want to ask if anyone here knows how to help me,

my problem is i'm trying to add a shortcut of an app in my settings, i have finished that but i want that app to be completely hidden from the drawer (like the cpu states or cpu nofrills control in most custom roms), been searchin in xda but didn't find one, please please help me ....
yup you have to delete android manifest activity line with LAUCHER keyword to hide it from drawer
The Following User Says Thank You to Kevin Vengeance For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]