Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 38,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Not enough space for ROM slot 1. Safe Strap.

Tip us?

gdorman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Not enough space for ROM slot 1. Safe Strap.

Trying to install a ROM for the first time and I'm using Safe Strap. I try to install a ROM on slot 1 or any other ROM slot for that matter and it says I don't have enough space for my Data partition. How can I make more space? I tried wiping the internal storage using Safe Strap but it gives me an error. Any suggestions?

Vallerino WR
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdorman View Post
Trying to install a ROM for the first time and I'm using Safe Strap. I try to install a ROM on slot 1 or any other ROM slot for that matter and it says I don't have enough space for my Data partition. How can I make more space? I tried wiping the internal storage using Safe Strap but it gives me an error. Any suggestions?
Try to use clean master to clean app and system cache,and put some big data app in the ext-sd,it's an intuitive app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nmaster.mguard
for a rom you need at least 2 gb
Some rom will boot only in rom slot 1 with safe strap,(all cyanogen mod "CM 10..1" for exemple) read the developer info
FOR ALL ITALIAN WITH THE RAZR: https://www.facebook.com/MotorolaDroidRazrXt910ita

Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 (Fu'king great)
Rom: Stock

Phone1:Motorola droid razr xt 910
ROM1: 10.1.3
Launcher: Aviate

Phone2 : Samsung GT-i9001 GALAXY S Plus lcd broken
ROM : ]╬ BioHazard v.5 ╬
Launcher: Nova Launcher

ALWAYS HIT THANKS IF SOMEONE HAVE HELP YOU

massappeal16
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallerino WR View Post
Try to use clean master to clean app and system cache,and put some big data app in the ext-sd,it's an intuitive app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nmaster.mguard
for a rom you need at least 2 gb
Some rom will boot only in rom slot 1 with safe strap,(all cyanogen mod "CM 10..1" for exemple) read the developer info
I am having this same issue. I deleted a ton of apps and ran the cleaner and it is still showing that I am short on space. What else can I do? Getting very aggravated.

sene1983
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by massappeal16 View Post
I am having this same issue. I deleted a ton of apps and ran the cleaner and it is still showing that I am short on space. What else can I do? Getting very aggravated.
before flashing a rom, i made factory reset.
Did u try factory reset/wipe?

1droidmod
Old
Thanks Meter 148
Yes, if you have a ton if pics, music, downloads, etc on your internal memory transfer it to micro sd. Stated above "For a rom you need at least 2 gigabytes" is mis leading,(if not referring to total partition size) as you are givn a choice of 1, 2 or 3 gig space. I have never used anything over 1gig, and never ran out if space/memory. Factory reset does not clean your phones storage.. I suggest manually deleting/ formatting for best results to get your space/memory back.

XT912 RaZR SpYdEr CDMA
hit ThAnKs if I was helpful!!!

hondasarecool
Old
(Last edited by hondasarecool; 13th October 2013 at 12:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
so I just tried Safestrap on my S4, says I have 12MB of space left. I just wiped my entire phone, and it's still at 12MB of space, before and after the wipe, am I missing something?

EDIT: I installed the ATT version of it by mistake, genius me

fireftr074
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same Problem here

I am having the same problem. I have deleted most apps. Deleted all pics & music, still not enough space to flash ROM. I am on XT912 RAZR Rooted.

roscored1000
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default have a look at this link

I had a similar problem until I found this link, I think I just used the top/first method as I had luckypatcher installed already.

http://jbnote.com/mobile/how-to-fix-...android-phone/
hope it is a help to you
The Following User Says Thank You to roscored1000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

neo.ank
Old
Thanks Meter 521

DONATE TO ME
SafeStrap uses the space on your internal sdcard for creating slots.

Apart from the data, it creates two more partitions viz system and boot so the amount of free space required is (sizeOf) data + 900 MB.
So if you chose say 1GB for data, then you must have about 1.9 GB of free space on your internal sdcard.

Confirm before you try to create a slot.

DROID RAZR with Tapatalk 4
My friend told me,there was life outside the internet and that I should check it out.
I said "Cool.! Send me the link. !!"

The Following User Says Thank You to neo.ank For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

beachbacon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default 12MB of space left for ROM SLOT 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondasarecool View Post
so I just tried Safestrap on my S4, says I have 12MB of space left. I just wiped my entire phone, and it's still at 12MB of space, before and after the wipe, am I missing something?

EDIT: I installed the ATT version of it by mistake, genius me
So, did any of the suggestions here resolve your issue???