Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,583 Members 40,014 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Custom boot animation jarvis

Tip us?

kasek55
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Custom boot animation jarvis

Hey anyone know of an awesome looking jarvis boot animation, ive got my phne set up like jarvis and this is the last step im issing the one i saw for the s4 wasnt as nice as i hoped. there is a nice one for S3 but does anyoine know of one i missed anuwhere

jd1639
Old
(Last edited by jd1639; 24th May 2014 at 08:58 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3070
Why don't you try and make one yourself. They're not that hard, especially if you can find the animation you like. Just download a bootanimation.zip, extract it and see what's inside. It'll be pretty self explanatory what you need to do. If you have questions I can help you.

Edit, if you have a link to the s3 one you like let me know. I'll download and let you know what you need to get it to work on the s4.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kasek55
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
Why don't you try and make one yourself. They're not that hard, especially if you can find the animation you like. Just download a bootanimation.zip, extract it and see what's inside. It'll be pretty self explanatory what you need to do. If you have questions I can help you.

Edit, if you have a link to the s3 one you like let me know. I'll download and let you know what you need to get it to work on the s4.

ive never made anything like that before wouldnt even know where to start lol here is the thread its located in
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...stark-t2330561

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasek55 View Post
ive never made anything like that before wouldnt even know where to start lol here is the thread its located in
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...stark-t2330561
Ok, are you rooted? Download the zip file and also download winrar if you don't already have it.

The Following User Says Thank You to jd1639 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kasek55
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Ok, are you rooted? Download the zip file and also download winrar if you don't already have it.

I am rooted and have goleneye rom installed. I guess i gotta check if my phone has custom boot enabled.. and i have downloaded the zip file and the sound file

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3070
Quote:
I am rooted and have goleneye rom installed. I guess i gotta check if my phone has custom boot enabled.. and i have downloaded the zip file
Did you download the zip to your pc? if so, use winrar to extract the zip, use extract to bootanimation...
It's a very easy modification to make it work on the s4

kasek55
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Did you download the zip to your pc? if so, use winrar to extract the zip, use extract to bootanimation...
It's a very easy modification to make it work on the s4
ok so i have it extracted to a folder called bootanimation

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3070
Double click on the part00, part01, and part02 just to see what's inside them. The only file you need to change is the desc file, double click on that too. the 720, 1280 is the display resolution of the s3, the s4 is 1080, 1920

kasek55
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Double click on the part00, part01, and part02 just to see what's inside them. The only file you need to change is the desc file, double click on that too. the 720, 1280 is the display resolution of the s3, the s4 is 1080, 1920
so now i guess re zip that folder and instal based on that guide or is it a different method for s4

jd1639
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3070
Quote:
so now i guess re zip that folder and instal based on that guide or is it a different method for s4
Correct, but make sure it's a zip file and that in compression use store, don't use any compression