Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,607 Members 52,505 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cannot create rom slot 1

Tip us?

Morkai Almandragon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 119
Default [Q] Cannot create rom slot 1

On 4.4.2 and the 3.72 safestrap when I try to create a rom slot 1 it either halngs about half way, or when I try to install on it It fails to mount system... any ideas?

Morkai Almandragon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 119
ok I am an idiot, please ignore this... and if you are in my boat, well it is stated in the thread for safestrap that slots are not supported :/

aldouse
Old
Thanks Meter 26

It happens... No worries

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
002photography.com

current: Galaxy Note 3

past: Moto-X/HTC One/iPhone 5/iPhone 4s/Galaxy Note 2/Galaxy S3/Galaxy Nexus/Galaxy S2/Nexus S4/HTC Evo Shift/HTC Evo

jolly_roger_hook
Old
Thanks Meter 210

DONATE TO ME
Ive been able to create slots and install roms on 4.4.2 kitkat I know ot says you cant but ive been able to get stock and slot 1-2 to work

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic5808364_1.gif

LAUNCHERS FOR 4.2.2 CLICK HERE

Morkai Almandragon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 119
Oh i got them to create and even install sometimes, but when you try to boot into them you get a "no system" eoror

jolly_roger_hook
Old
Thanks Meter 210

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkai Almandragon View Post
Oh i got them to create and even install sometimes, but when you try to boot into them you get a "no system" eoror
Strange what rom are you flashing on the slots i havent had an issue with any

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic5808364_1.gif

LAUNCHERS FOR 4.2.2 CLICK HERE

airmaxx23
Old
Thanks Meter 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkai Almandragon View Post
If you look at the message when you're try to create the slots you'll probably see it saying "unable to mount system" which means it did not create the system partition. You should see the same thing when you try installing the ROM as well. That's why your getting the "no system" error.
*** Please don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button if someone has helped you ***

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine"

comweasel
Old
Thanks Meter 2
From what I fond is that you make the rom slots larger and it will work. The only problem I have found is when you power down or reboot it get stuck in a bootloop and you have to do a battery pull. It will then start the rom slot (1-4) fine. Just not on power downs.
The Following User Says Thank You to comweasel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

airmaxx23
Old
Thanks Meter 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by comweasel View Post
From what I fond is that you make the rom slots larger and it will work. The only problem I have found is when you power down or reboot it get stuck in a bootloop and you have to do a battery pull. It will then start the rom slot (1-4) fine. Just not on power downs.
Thanks for the info, this actually worked for me and I'm now able to create slots again. Off Topic but how have you been a member for almost 4 years and only have 3 posts? lol..
*** Please don't forget to hit the "Thanks" button if someone has helped you ***

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine"

comweasel
Old
Thanks Meter 2
LOL... I joined to root my old Moto Razr when they came back and then I completely for got about this site since I was not into doing custom roms on it. Then I found this again when I got my N3. LOL wish I could just say I am lazy.