[Q] Cannot create rom slot 1

OP Morkai Almandragon

21st May 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 124

1,011 posts
On 4.4.2 and the 3.72 safestrap when I try to create a rom slot 1 it either halngs about half way, or when I try to install on it It fails to mount system... any ideas?
21st May 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

1,011 posts
ok I am an idiot, please ignore this... and if you are in my boat, well it is stated in the thread for safestrap that slots are not supported :/
22nd May 2014, 12:35 AM   |  #3  
Flag Milpitas
Thanks Meter: 31

197 posts
More

It happens... No worries

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
22nd May 2014, 10:00 PM   |  #4  
Ive been able to create slots and install roms on 4.4.2 kitkat I know ot says you cant but ive been able to get stock and slot 1-2 to work

23rd May 2014, 02:22 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

1,011 posts
Oh i got them to create and even install sometimes, but when you try to boot into them you get a "no system" eoror
23rd May 2014, 03:29 PM   |  #6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkai Almandragon

Oh i got them to create and even install sometimes, but when you try to boot into them you get a "no system" eoror

Strange what rom are you flashing on the slots i havent had an issue with any

23rd May 2014, 03:39 PM   |  #7  
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 978

3,211 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkai Almandragon

If you look at the message when you're try to create the slots you'll probably see it saying "unable to mount system" which means it did not create the system partition. You should see the same thing when you try installing the ROM as well. That's why your getting the "no system" error.
23rd May 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #8  
Flag Grand Island, Nebraska
Thanks Meter: 3

9 posts
More
From what I fond is that you make the rom slots larger and it will work. The only problem I have found is when you power down or reboot it get stuck in a bootloop and you have to do a battery pull. It will then start the rom slot (1-4) fine. Just not on power downs.
The Following User Says Thank You to comweasel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #9  
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 978

3,211 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by comweasel

From what I fond is that you make the rom slots larger and it will work. The only problem I have found is when you power down or reboot it get stuck in a bootloop and you have to do a battery pull. It will then start the rom slot (1-4) fine. Just not on power downs.

Thanks for the info, this actually worked for me and I'm now able to create slots again. Off Topic but how have you been a member for almost 4 years and only have 3 posts? lol..
23rd May 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #10  
Flag Grand Island, Nebraska
Thanks Meter: 3

9 posts
More
LOL... I joined to root my old Moto Razr when they came back and then I completely for got about this site since I was not into doing custom roms on it. Then I found this again when I got my N3. LOL wish I could just say I am lazy.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread