Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,072 Members 44,882 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Does the Note 12.2 generate enough power to run mass storage devices

Tip us?
 
moodyboy
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 32
Join Date: Oct 2007
Default [Q] Does the Note 12.2 generate enough power to run mass storage devices

Does the Note 12.2 generate enough power to run self powered mass storage devices? or we have to use powered USB Hub ?

My note pro doesn't run any kind of mass storage devices ( I'm not rooted )
One says external power needed and the other one keep ticking .

my Note 3 run them with no problems.

any one with note pro pls test and advice back.
 
REHolt218
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 63
Posts: 583
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodyboy View Post
Does the Note 12.2 generate enough power to run self powered mass storage devices? or we have to use powered USB Hub ?

My note pro doesn't run any kind of mass storage devices ( I'm not rooted )
One says external power needed and the other one keep ticking .

my Note 3 run them with no problems.

any one with note pro pls test and advice back.
I tried one on my NotePro but no joy: but, then I can't even get a flash drive to mount. The drive works fine with my older Xoom. With the NotePro it doesn't even power up.



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
 
moodyboy
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 32
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by REHolt218 View Post
I tried one on my NotePro but no joy: but, then I can't even get a flash drive to mount. The drive works fine with my older Xoom. With the NotePro it doesn't even power up.



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Thanks god I'm not the only one who faced this problem. I'll keep digging.
 
REHolt218
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 63
Posts: 583
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodyboy View Post
Thanks god I'm not the only one who faced this problem. I'll keep digging.
Post back if you figure anything out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
 
moodyboy
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 32
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by REHolt218 View Post
Post back if you figure anything out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Sure I'll do.
 
Duly.noted
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 104
Posts: 497
Join Date: Dec 2013
Strange mine recognizes not only external sd card readers but flash drives as well. Maybe it is the uab ptg cable you are using

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
moodyboy
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 32
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duly.noted View Post
Strange mine recognizes not only external sd card readers but flash drives as well. Maybe it is the uab ptg cable you are using

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Did you test mass storage device 400GB & more or just USB flash ?
 
Duly.noted
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 104
Posts: 497
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodyboy View Post
Did you test mass storage device 400GB & more or just USB flash ?
Sorry I was responding to the guy saying that he couldnt even use flash drives or any sort of mass storage. I havent tried a non powered disk drove though.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
REHolt218
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 63
Posts: 583
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duly.noted View Post
Strange mine recognizes not only external sd card readers but flash drives as well. Maybe it is the uab ptg cable you are using

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Which USB ptg cable do you have? I have a couple of different ones. I managed to get one of them to let me connect my dive computer and download, but not any of the drives.

I have one that converts the USB 3.0 micro B to a standard USB. It seems to be pretty good. It is a solid piece instead of a cable, but it doesn't work with anything, including my dive computer.



Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
 
Duly.noted
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 104
Posts: 497
Join Date: Dec 2013
I have a cheap one that came with a keyboard case and it works fine. Have you disabled the built in file manager or something

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes