Hisense Sero 7 Pro General Questions Thread

1st May 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 70

68 posts
More
Since we don't have a forum specifically for the Sero 7 Pro, this thread can serve as a place to ask questions unrelated to the current ROM threads. I will link it in the Home Base Start/Here and Sero 7 Pro owners can ask general questions and I hope the community will respond.

So, ask away!
1st May 2014, 01:02 PM   |  #2  
State College, PA
Thanks Meter: 11

187 posts
More
Ubuntu Touch
OK -- now that we have a thread for general questions, I'll go first.

Has anyone tried Ubuntu Touch on their Sero? There appears to be some very interesting features
6th May 2014, 11:28 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 12

128 posts
More
I also have a question which I'd like to ask. In fact there's 2 questions...

1: Are there any devs working on ROMs for UK 32gb Hisense Sero 7 Pro?

2: Are those of us still using stock UK ROM likely to get any OTA updates from Hisense?

Thanks

Impster
9th May 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #4  
Cape May
Thanks Meter: 16

99 posts
Rom Development
I've been away for a while and just noticed that Dave is the only one with a new build. Has all of the other Devs for this tab givin up? Just a question. I still use mine everyday. Been using Dopa AOSP but since Dave has posted a CM11 M6 I might give that a go. Thanks everyone.
12th May 2014, 11:49 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 116

596 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhienk

I've been away for a while and just noticed that Dave is the only one with a new build. Has all of the other Devs for this tab givin up? Just a question. I still use mine everyday. Been using Dopa AOSP but since Dave has posted a CM11 M6 I might give that a go. Thanks everyone.

probably just reaching end of life. this tablet is starting to get old now, and people are probably moving on to newer things. with that being said, i hope there is still some interest. theres a tablet version of miui that just came out for the nexus 7 II, i don't know how popular it would be, but maybe it would not be too difficult to port it over. http://en.miui.com/thread-16879-1-1.html someone made a port for the original nexus 7, maybe something there might be of use since this tablet share a lot of similar hardware with the original nexus 7 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2700212
13th May 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #6  
Flag Palm Bay
Thanks Meter: 296

597 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by x000x

probably just reaching end of life. this tablet is starting to get old now, and people are probably moving on to newer things. with that being said, i hope there is still some interest. theres a tablet version of miui that just came out for the nexus 7 II, i don't know how popular it would be, but maybe it would not be too difficult to port it over. http://en.miui.com/thread-16879-1-1.html someone made a port for the original nexus 7, maybe something there might be of use since this tablet share a lot of similar hardware with the original nexus 7 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2700212

If MIUI is based on CyanogenMod I'll give porting it a shot- it won't be stable unless it's KitKat though.
13th May 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 116

596 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear294

If MIUI is based on CyanogenMod I'll give porting it a shot- it won't be stable unless it's KitKat though.

i'm not quite sure what miui is based off of, but the nexus 7 port says "This is a port of MIUI V6 (kitkat) from the Nexus 7 2013 to our grouper. It is built on AOSPA 4.4.2"
13th May 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #8  
Flag Palm Bay
Thanks Meter: 296

597 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by x000x

i'm not quite sure what miui is based off of, but the nexus 7 port says "This is a port of MIUI V6 (kitkat) from the Nexus 7 2013 to our grouper. It is built on AOSPA 4.4.2"

Then it should work fine using dolorespark's AOSP trees I believe
I'll attempt to port.

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jerbear294 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 45

254 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdadd34

I am in the process of building various KitKat roms from source with deloresparks aosp repos and posting them in one thread for people to use if they want. But more importantly I would like to help anyone who wants to build and support one or more of these roms with there own thread. I will link to this thread as soon as I make it. In the meantime here is a link to Gummy and a couple new Roms I built today.

GummyKang thread--http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2670350

Download only...Pics Coming
KANG###LiquidSmooth..Blood.. LS-KK-Blood-v3.0-UNOFFICIAL-2014-03-27-m470.zip - 152.28 MB

KANG###Carbon... CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20140326-1636-m470.zip - 156.51 MB

Are there any overclocked kernels for Carbon ROM for the Sero 7 pro ?

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lichan

Ask questions here:
I've started a thread for any general questions about the Sero 7 Pro, unrelated to the developer's ROM threads. So, if you were about to post a question here, please ask it here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52326773)

Are there any over clocked kernels developed for Carbon ROM on the Sero 7 pro?
21st May 2014, 01:45 AM   |  #10  
State College, PA
Thanks Meter: 11

187 posts
More
I'm having a problem with the battery discharging while using my tab as it's charging. As I write this it's plugged in but it's down to 4% and dropping

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread