Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,077 Members 37,941 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Double Tap To Wake Not Always Responsive

Tip us?

acheney1990
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default Double Tap To Wake Not Always Responsive

I've noticed that the double tap to wake feature isn't always very responsive particularly the first few times I try to tap to wake. I do have a screen protector on the device and am wondering if this could be part of the problem. I've even tried to set it for glove mode to make it more sensitive but it didn't help. Any suggestions?

Sent From My Xperia Z2.
The Following User Says Thank You to acheney1990 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Xernoxis
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Well it might be the problem. I see some struggle even without screen protector, but I have no problem. Just remember to tap in the exact same spot both times, and not too fast.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xernoxis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paras
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xernoxis View Post
Well it might be the problem. I see some struggle even without screen protector, but I have no problem. Just remember to tap in the exact same spot both times, and not too fast.
Thanks man helped me.

Sent From My Sony Xperia Z2 D6502 White
Sony Xperia Z2 Stock 4.4.2

Nexus 5 Stock 4.4.2

Htc One M7 Android Revolution HD 62.0 Kitkat 4.4.2 Sixth Sense

romeokk
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Its better if you double tap with an index finger. Using a thumb is harder because the angles vary easier when you double tap.
The Following User Says Thank You to romeokk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SkyS1gn
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by acheney1990 View Post
I've noticed that the double tap to wake feature isn't always very responsive particularly the first few times I try to tap to wake. I do have a screen protector on the device and am wondering if this could be part of the problem. I've even tried to set it for glove mode to make it more sensitive but it didn't help. Any suggestions?

Sent From My Xperia Z2.
Its working for me all the time, you have to tap the same place
The Following User Says Thank You to SkyS1gn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

malyfsborin88
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Had the same problem I guess my thumb wasn't tapping in the same spot twice. Will try the suggestion.

acheney1990
Old
(Last edited by acheney1990; 21st May 2014 at 03:01 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
So after some more use I still felt the double tap to wake up on my Z2 wasn't as responsive as others said theirs was and I had to tap pretty hard some times and even then it wasn't working all the time. Well anyway...decided to take the screen protector off because it was slightly crooked and was bothering me.

Not to mention the screen just feels so much nicer with out one all though now I will likely have to deal with a few small scratches. I've noticed some small ones on the back just from regular use. The thing is very delicate in that way it seems because I'm very gentle with it.

I was using an iSheilds screen protector which was the only one they had at the Bell Store when I bought the phone. Just wish I hadn't wasted that money.

So if anyone else is having this issue I suggest they consider there screen protector.

Sent From My Xperia Z2 On Bell.

iArvee
Old
Thanks Meter 7
It's a little bit non responsive if I use the tip of my thumb. Though tapping it with the whole thumb works well for me.

strommy1966
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by iArvee View Post
It's a little bit non responsive if I use the tip of my thumb. Though tapping it with the whole thumb works well for me.

if the phone is on a hard surface then i find the double tap to work about 8 times out of 10 .. if your holding the phone or its on a sort surface .. forget it ! im tapping at it like some demented woodpecker on speed trying to wake the b****y screen up ! i now use the on/off button , yet another thing that a so called flagship phone falls down on.
The Following User Says Thank You to strommy1966 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Michealtbh
Old
Thanks Meter 841
Same problem here, it's very unreliable especially coming from the HTC M8 which had 99.9% reliable wake gestures. I just use the power button now.