Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 50,119 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone display won't come on

Tip us?

nicko786
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Phone display won't come on

My wife's M8 all of a sudden crapped out on us and the the screen won't turn on. When plugged in, the LED comes on but that's it. We've held the volume buttons with the power button for two minutes, and it still won't come on. We've talked to Sprint and HTC and neither will send us a new phone but a refurbished one. Sprint wants a $150 deductible which seems pointless because we have the Total Equipment Protection, but I digress. Anyways, what other options could we try before we have to pay money (that we don't have) to have it fixed? Also, my wife is worried about losing her pictures (already have over 2000) is there any way to recover them at this point? They don't save with her Google account, correct?

nicko786
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Also, I should mention that we have tried to plug in the phone via USB to try and recover anything, but of course, the phone is not recognized.

Magnum_Enforcer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1801

DONATE TO ME
Have you tried plugging the phone up to a PC? Even if the screen is dead you should still be able to access your storage, unless the phone is actually powered off and won't turn on. Also, as far as getting it replaced, if the screen is dead then that's a hardware issue and Sprint should replace it without any cost to you. The $150 you're referring to is for using your phone insurance to replace the device through Asurion, which you shouldn't have to use unless the device was physically damaged, lost or stolen.

Sent from my HTC device

nicko786
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_Enforcer View Post
Have you tried plugging the phone up to a PC? Even if the screen is dead you should still be able to access your storage, unless the phone is actually powered off and won't turn on. Also, as far as getting it replaced, if the screen is dead then that's a hardware issue and Sprint should replace it without any cost to you. The $150 you're referring to is for using your phone insurance to replace the device through Asurion, which you shouldn't have to use unless the device was physically damaged, lost or stolen.

Sent from my HTC device
Yeah I tried plugging it into the PC already hoping it would read it, but I think it might be powered off unfortunately since it won't read. And after dealing with Sprint again, they are going to be sending a replacement at no cost. I don't know why there was so much confusion before, but at least there is SOME light at the end of the tunnel. Sucks we can't recover all those photos though, mostly of our 1 year old .