Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,760 Members 47,948 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck at Logo, Why?

Tip us?

ElizS
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Stuck at Logo, Why?

Good evening, kind folks! Found this forum after searching until my eyes bleed for some help online. A noob I am, but would buy a six-pack and be Forever Grateful for someone to help this old lady out!

Own a used TF201 Prime. Not experienced with Android, other than using my tablet over 2 years. Things have been great, no probs.

Plugged it in to recharge this afternoon, came back about 3 hours later and found my kitty sitting on the tablet (which was on the table). The tablet was very warm. I unplugged & put it on our tile floor (cold because of A/Conditioning) to cool off. Once cool it was still stuck at the browser screen I must have been looking at when I plugged it in to charge.

So I tried to reboot by using PWR + VOLDwn buttons but... it's getting no further than the ASUS screen with the spinning circle in the middle below "ASUS." Am so confused by things I saw here tonight already on this forum; I have no idea what to try or to do.

Can anyone help me out??

ElizS
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Which Way to Go First?

Am hoping Someone will take pity on this 60-yr-old lady and help!

I see all over the forums where there's overheating problems when charging. Don't know if this is what happened or not.

Am not afraid to try some things myself before I call Asus. Would love to resolve this on my own, and Learn Something!

Can anyone give me some direction??

lj50036
Old
(Last edited by lj50036; 25th May 2014 at 04:03 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,383

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizS View Post

I see all over the forums where there's overheating problems when charging. Don't know if this is what happened or not.

Am not afraid to try some things myself before I call Asus. Would love to resolve this on my own, and Learn Something!

I am here to save the day

Let me read over your issue

Thx Josh

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

Quote:

Ok, lets start with a little more info....

Is the bootloader unlocked?

Thx Josh
The Following User Says Thank You to lj50036 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ElizS
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default THANK YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036 View Post
I am here to save the day

Let me read over your issue

Thx Josh

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

Ok, lets start with a little more info....

Is the bootloader unlocked?

Thx Josh
Thank you, thank you for responding.

No, it's stock all the way.

lj50036
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,383

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thank you, thank you for responding.

No, it's stock all the way.
Ok, If you cant get to the bootloader screen, there is not much that can be done..

You can try the reset button about 3 or 4 cm down from your sd card there is a pin hole...

Push this while stuck in bootloop..

Let me know thx Josh

ElizS
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default No Luck

Quote:
Ok, If you cant get to the bootloader screen, there is not much that can be done..

You can try the reset button about 3 or 4 cm down from your sd card there is a pin hole...

Push this while stuck in bootloop..

Let me know thx Josh
Used a paper clip, pushed into the hold while the logo was spinning.

It started over again, with ASUS in the center and the NVIDIA logo in the bottom right. But nothing beyond that this time

My previous problem was one step beyond, the 'spinning logo' had appeared and was stuck there... This doesn't look good, does it? THANK YOU!

ElizS
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default And Again

Quote:
Used a paper clip, pushed into the hold while the logo was spinning.

It started over again, with ASUS in the center and the NVIDIA logo in the bottom right. But nothing beyond that this time

My previous problem was one step beyond, the 'spinning logo' had appeared and was stuck there... This doesn't look good, does it? THANK YOU!
OK, tried the paperclip in the hole again... Prime restarted, and is now stuck at the familiar ASUS logo in middle of the screen with the spinner below it... darn it!

lj50036
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,383

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
OK, tried the paperclip in the hole again... Prime restarted, and is now stuck at the familiar ASUS logo in middle of the screen with the spinner below it... darn it!
And with power & vol down you cant get to the bootloader screen, the screen with the icons on it?

ElizS
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 3 of 4 Icons Give Me Same Results

Quote:
And with power & vol down you cant get to the bootloader screen, the screen with the icons on it?
I can get to the bootloader screen. Selecting the first icon leaves me a dead android with a red triangle.

Selecting the android guy (cold boot) icon gives me the ASUS screen with the spinning logo

Selecting wipe data gives me "booting recovery kernal image signature match", then an upright android guy with spinning insides that defaults to the ASUS logo w/NVIDIA in bottom corner, then ASUS screen with the spinning logo

??? Thanks for your time!

lj50036
Old
(Last edited by lj50036; 28th May 2014 at 02:23 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,383

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I can get to the bootloader screen. Selecting the first icon leaves me a dead android with a red triangle.

Selecting the android guy (cold boot) icon gives me the ASUS screen with the spinning logo

Selecting wipe data gives me "booting recovery kernal image signature match", then an upright android guy with spinning insides that defaults to the ASUS logo w/NVIDIA in bottom corner, then ASUS screen with the spinning logo

??? Thanks for your time!
O you can get to the bootloader screen...

There is hope... Let me find that forum....

Thx Josh

EDIT----

http://www.transformerforums.com/for...bly-tf201.html

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with..