Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,472 Members 50,286 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

On tw Roms I can't use phone at all only aosp

Tip us?

dogg94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default On tw Roms I can't use phone at all only aosp

I've done something that I haven't been able to remedy yet and it had made it so no matter what touchwiz ROM I use the phone app won't even open and getting a call reboots or locks up the phone. I have successfully installed AICP and all is working. Any ideas what I've done? Boot loader is mdk.

Sent from my jflte using Tapatalk
You show me how to control a wild Fu**ing gypsy, and I'll show you how to control an unhinged, pig-feeding gangster.

joshm.1219
Old
Thanks Meter 1,343
I'm just guessing here but did you anything that would've touched your efs folder? If you've made an efs backup (or a full backup, they usually include efs by default) I would suggest restoring it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: Verizon
  • PHONE: Samsung S4 HTC One Max
  • CASE: Otterbox Defender modded to fit Anker 7800mah battery HTC PowerFlip
  • BOOTLOADER: MDK, loki bypass S-OFF & Relocked
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7.x
  • KERNEL: Ktoonsez with Project Icarus profile and Hydra script FlyKernel
  • ROM: Eclipse TW 4.4 Adrenaline Sense 6
  • LAUNCHER & MODS: Google Now launcher with XGEL settings, GravityBox, Heads Up notifications, & Android L navbar
The Following User Says Thank You to joshm.1219 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dogg94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshm.1219 View Post
I'm just guessing here but did you anything that would've touched your efs folder? If you've made an efs backup (or a full backup, they usually include efs by default) I would suggest restoring it

When this first happened I restored a backup I had from Hyperdrive Rls 15 (tw rom) and everything was there however the phone didn't work. I just ran through a tutorial of backing up and restoring my efs folder using terminal emulator and the results i got were the same on the video so I believe that to be in order.

I did flash one file which could possibly have caused this but if so I'm not sure how to reverse it. It was an NC2 WIFI fix after trying to install gdux v2.0
You show me how to control a wild Fu**ing gypsy, and I'll show you how to control an unhinged, pig-feeding gangster.

joshm.1219
Old
Thanks Meter 1,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogg94 View Post
When this first happened I restored a backup I had from Hyperdrive Rls 15 (tw rom) and everything was there however the phone didn't work. I just ran through a tutorial of backing up and restoring my efs folder using terminal emulator and the results i got were the same on the video so I believe that to be in order.

I did flash one file which could possibly have caused this but if so I'm not sure how to reverse it. It was an NC2 WIFI fix after trying to install gdux v2.0
So personally when there's a problem I can't fix, I use odin to start my phone over. If I were you I would flash the full wipe tar that matches my boot loader. It's up to you though. That's a totally fresh stock start so you have redo root and everything.

I would also suggest PMing surge1223 and jkruse if you really can't lose the data on your phone and don't wanna go through Odin. Keep in mind they're both very busy.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: Verizon
  • PHONE: Samsung S4 HTC One Max
  • CASE: Otterbox Defender modded to fit Anker 7800mah battery HTC PowerFlip
  • BOOTLOADER: MDK, loki bypass S-OFF & Relocked
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7.x
  • KERNEL: Ktoonsez with Project Icarus profile and Hydra script FlyKernel
  • ROM: Eclipse TW 4.4 Adrenaline Sense 6
  • LAUNCHER & MODS: Google Now launcher with XGEL settings, GravityBox, Heads Up notifications, & Android L navbar
The Following User Says Thank You to joshm.1219 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dogg94
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Thank you for the advice I will probably end up using Odin as this seems to be a unique situation

Sent from my jflte using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to dogg94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]