Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,248 Members 37,762 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] lost root on upgrade to 4.4.2. Verizon S4

Tip us?

Railbird
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] lost root on upgrade to 4.4.2. Verizon S4

I want to Root again, but cannot find the directions. I used Kingo one click last time. I tried SRSsimple root, and it says it works. But I have SuperSU, NoBloat and Wanam Xposed installed and when i try and open them I get a message that I do not have root access.

Yes i am not very techinical and that is why I did the one click root last time. I went back to Kingo and it did not work and said not supported.

Phone is SCH-1545
Baseband version 1545VRUFNC5
Build # DOT49H.1545VRUFNC5.

Help please!!!

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railbird View Post
I want to Root again, but cannot find the directions. I used Kingo one click last time. I tried SRSsimple root, and it says it works. But I have SuperSU, NoBloat and Wanam Xposed installed and when i try and open them I get a message that I do not have root access.

Yes i am not very techinical and that is why I did the one click root last time. I went back to Kingo and it did not work and said not supported.

Phone is SCH-1545

Help please!!!
no direct method to root kitkat, you have to do one the downgrade methods listed in this forum
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3

techguy2002
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railbird View Post

Phone is SCH-1545

Help please!!!
Attached is the PDF I created and used to downgrade and get root and then go back to nc5 rooted.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Downgrading from NC5 OTA to MK2.pdf - [Click for QR Code] (279.0 KB, 58 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to techguy2002 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]