Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 51,830 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] lost root on upgrade to 4.4.2. Verizon S4

Tip us?

Railbird
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] lost root on upgrade to 4.4.2. Verizon S4

I want to Root again, but cannot find the directions. I used Kingo one click last time. I tried SRSsimple root, and it says it works. But I have SuperSU, NoBloat and Wanam Xposed installed and when i try and open them I get a message that I do not have root access.

Yes i am not very techinical and that is why I did the one click root last time. I went back to Kingo and it did not work and said not supported.

Phone is SCH-1545
Baseband version 1545VRUFNC5
Build # DOT49H.1545VRUFNC5.

Help please!!!

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railbird View Post
I want to Root again, but cannot find the directions. I used Kingo one click last time. I tried SRSsimple root, and it says it works. But I have SuperSU, NoBloat and Wanam Xposed installed and when i try and open them I get a message that I do not have root access.

Yes i am not very techinical and that is why I did the one click root last time. I went back to Kingo and it did not work and said not supported.

Phone is SCH-1545

Help please!!!
no direct method to root kitkat, you have to do one the downgrade methods listed in this forum
S4 powered by hashcode 3.72 safestrap and Echo V26 kitkat

techguy2002
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railbird View Post

Phone is SCH-1545

Help please!!!
Attached is the PDF I created and used to downgrade and get root and then go back to nc5 rooted.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Downgrading from NC5 OTA to MK2.pdf - [Click for QR Code] (279.0 KB, 57 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to techguy2002 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]