Post Reply

[APP]AOSP 4.3 Gallery with 3D - View jps and mpo in 3D

OP 1ackass

13th October 2013, 07:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tallinn
Thanks Meter: 107
 
218 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
This is the Android 4.3 Gallery(with Camera) app , with a twist for our evo 3Dīs. It can view jps and mpo pictures in 3D!
I have modified it to have 3D mode and made it a standalone installable APK.

It should work on any android starting from ICS(although on ICS, Photo Editing doesnīt work).

It is based from https://android.googlesource.com/pla.../apps/Gallery/
And it is using HJ200īs 3D Library from here
Full source from here

Screenshots:




Download from here - https://github.com/1ackass/Gallery3D...D.apk?raw=true

Bugs:
When rotating, the 3D Button might disappear(Press back button and reselect the image to fix it).
JPS images are showing both images/sides when viewing in 2D
You tell me.

To install it, just open the apk and install it. If it shows some error on installation, put it in System/app(Make sure you replace the original Gallery apk).

Credits:
Google
HJ200
Last edited by 1ackass; 15th October 2013 at 06:00 PM.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to 1ackass For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th October 2013, 07:44 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tallinn
Thanks Meter: 107
 
218 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Just in case
13th October 2013, 10:16 PM   |  #3  
alaminxp's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 3
 
112 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
download link not working

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th October 2013, 11:53 AM   |  #4  
Thumbs up
Very very nice! I'm currently working on a new 3D tools lib which can decode the 2D (left) image from jps and mpo files, you might need this lib to generate nice thumbs. I'll let you know when I'm done
15th October 2013, 12:35 PM   |  #5  
dreccon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 925
 
1,138 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
@1ackass
Nice work! It would be even better if you could mod this apk which also contains photosphere. On the other hand, I guess you need to build it from source and I don't think it's available.

Sent from the 3rd dimension! now Free
15th October 2013, 06:01 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tallinn
Thanks Meter: 107
 
218 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreccon

@1ackass
Nice work! It would be even better if you could mod this apk which also contains photosphere. On the other hand, I guess you need to build it from source and I don't think it's available.

Sent from the 3rd dimension! now Free

Unless thereīs any source I canīt do anything with it
The Following User Says Thank You to 1ackass For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2013, 03:05 PM   |  #7  
johnnyslt's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 5,765
 
1,348 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
@1ackass: I managed to update the Gallery2 from cm-10.2 with your 3D code. It compiles but 3D images are not showing in 3D and I dont see any button.

Here's the repo: https://github.com/Ro-Team/android_p...937230948b65b9

Can you have a look maybe I missed something?


10x
The Following User Says Thank You to johnnyslt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2013, 04:47 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tallinn
Thanks Meter: 107
 
218 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyslt

@1ackass: I managed to update the Gallery2 from cm-10.2 with your 3D code. It compiles but 3D images are not showing in 3D and I dont see any button.

Here's the repo: https://github.com/Ro-Team/android_p...937230948b65b9

Can you have a look maybe I missed something?


10x

Hmm... Weird. I copied the project to Eclipse, modified to make it work without the android dependencies, and it showed 3d pictures just fine But can you give pull the gallery apk, so I could test it?
16th October 2013, 05:22 PM   |  #9  
johnnyslt's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 5,765
 
1,348 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ackass

Hmm... Weird. I copied the project to Eclipse, modified to make it work without the android dependencies, and it showed 3d pictures just fine But can you give pull the gallery apk, so I could test it?

Its easier for you to work on a precompiled apk rather than on the source?

Here's the apk:
Attached Files
File Type: apk Gallery2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (4.33 MB, 67 views)
16th October 2013, 08:44 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tallinn
Thanks Meter: 107
 
218 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyslt

Its easier for you to work on a precompiled apk rather than on the source?

Here's the apk:

Nope source is better . But the weird thing is that your gallery apk works fine on ics with 3D mode. I am gonna go to jb and try again. (I might have something to fix this no 3D)

Sent from my shooteru using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes