Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,360 Members 49,405 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Q) Unable to flash custom rom via CWM

Tip us?
 
Trek55
Old
#1  
Trek55's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 163
Posts: 970
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Jakarta
Default (Q) Unable to flash custom rom via CWM

Hi first time I am having a problem of not able to flash custom rom via recovery CWM, here's the problem, I am using Philz recovery whenever I flash zip, the process of flashing went ok, but when all done flashing I press Reboot System Now, recovery takes me to screen that give me a message Root Access is Missing - Root device, then YES -- Root Device (/system/xbin/su) I click YES..then reboot when to Samsung GS4 splash screen then just black afterward instead of seeing boot animation..and after 1 minute when back to recovery..that's it..I know I already double check that I have root access also using root checker everything is ok, I even flash stock firmware through odin no problem and re-root but still doesn't help..do you think I have a problem in /system/xbin/su folder..please help how to fix this..thank you soo much..
Samsung Galaxy S4-i9500
Rom: Omega v22 .. now testing OzcanRom v5.0
Recovery: Philz Touch
Kernel:
Sandisk 64GB..Class 10/EXFAT

---------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300

Omega
Recovery: PhilZ Touch
Kernel:Boeffla
ExtSd2InternalSd v5
Lexar 32GB..Class 10
=================================
 
HS™
Old
#2  
HS™'s Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2,273
Posts: 2,064
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: XDA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek55 View Post
Hi first time I am having a problem of not able to flash custom rom via recovery CWM, here's the problem, I am using Philz recovery whenever I flash zip, the process of flashing went ok, but when all done flashing I press Reboot System Now, recovery takes me to screen that give me a message Root Access is Missing - Root device, then YES -- Root Device (/system/xbin/su) I click YES..then reboot when to Samsung GS4 splash screen then just black afterward instead of seeing boot animation..and after 1 minute when back to recovery..that's it..I know I already double check that I have root access also using root checker everything is ok, I even flash stock firmware through odin no problem and re-root but still doesn't help..do you think I have a problem in /system/xbin/su folder..please help how to fix this..thank you soo much..
Which root method u are using

If possble use CF ROOT

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda premium


Google +

 
Trek55
Old
#3  
Trek55's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 163
Posts: 970
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Jakarta
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123hiten View Post
Which root method u are using

If possble use CF ROOT

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda premium
I am using CF Root .. I never seen a problem like this ever since my S3
Samsung Galaxy S4-i9500
Rom: Omega v22 .. now testing OzcanRom v5.0
Recovery: Philz Touch
Kernel:
Sandisk 64GB..Class 10/EXFAT

---------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300

Omega
Recovery: PhilZ Touch
Kernel:Boeffla
ExtSd2InternalSd v5
Lexar 32GB..Class 10
=================================
 
HS™
Old
(Last edited by HS™; 2nd July 2013 at 06:49 PM.)
#4  
HS™'s Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2,273
Posts: 2,064
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: XDA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek55 View Post
I am using CF Root .. I never seen a problem like this ever since my S3
Well it's a rare case but if possible put stock again reset the device from inside and do cf root and philz recovery all be well
There must be some bad system file or app causing this

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda premium


Google +

 
Trek55
Old
(Last edited by Trek55; 3rd July 2013 at 01:39 AM.)
#5  
Trek55's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 163
Posts: 970
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Jakarta
Default solved**

Ok..I format my internal memory..then flash rom seems to be working for the first time, but then when I try to flash different custom rom..have the same problem again..hemm confused...
Samsung Galaxy S4-i9500
Rom: Omega v22 .. now testing OzcanRom v5.0
Recovery: Philz Touch
Kernel:
Sandisk 64GB..Class 10/EXFAT

---------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300

Omega
Recovery: PhilZ Touch
Kernel:Boeffla
ExtSd2InternalSd v5
Lexar 32GB..Class 10
=================================
 
ipaq114
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 57
Join Date: Aug 2008
same here any fix ?
 
Android Noobie
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 254
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Melbourne
I have the same issue with my s3.
 
Repulsa
Old
#8  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,003
Posts: 1,847
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Your Mom's crib

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek55 View Post
Hi first time I am having a problem of not able to flash custom rom via recovery CWM, here's the problem, I am using Philz recovery whenever I flash zip, the process of flashing went ok, but when all done flashing I press Reboot System Now, recovery takes me to screen that give me a message Root Access is Missing - Root device, then YES -- Root Device (/system/xbin/su) I click YES..then reboot when to Samsung GS4 splash screen then just black afterward instead of seeing boot animation..and after 1 minute when back to recovery..that's it..I know I already double check that I have root access also using root checker everything is ok, I even flash stock firmware through odin no problem and re-root but still doesn't help..do you think I have a problem in /system/xbin/su folder..please help how to fix this..thank you soo much..
Hi there mate , If you already have root or any recovery suddenly ask you "You want too change/install root/recovery" you choose no cuz u dont wanna loose ur root after.
 
Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

 
umesh7654
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: May 2014
Default same problem in galaxy grand

Bro! I am currently on cm11 on i9082

I flashed it using cwm 6.0.4.5
Now I want to flash another custom ROM.
When installing custom ROM I press at "reboot system now"
It shows error:

"root access missing,root device?"
No...
Yes(root device)...


When I press any one of above then device get stucked at start screen.


The root checker app shows...

You device has root access...etc

Please solve the issue...

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes