Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,495 Members 37,626 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Note 3 data gone.. EFS? Network?

Tip us?

stepinmyworld
Old
(Last edited by stepinmyworld; 24th May 2014 at 12:53 AM.) Reason: (email notification)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Default Note 3 data gone.. EFS? Network?

Hi, I am not sure if this is an ongoing issue or not but I am unable to connect to any data via tmobile

I called and they said there's an outage in philadelphia but my friend is able to use his phone just fine... maybe it's my EFS needing to be restored? I heard some people refer to that as radios for your data to work. how am i to check and if i didnt back them up, how can i find a way to restore?

hyelton
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,432

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepinmyworld View Post
Hi, I am not sure if this is an ongoing issue or not but I am unable to connect to any data via tmobile

I called and they said there's an outage in philadelphia but my friend is able to use his phone just fine... maybe it's my EFS needing to be restored? I heard some people refer to that as radios for your data to work. how am i to check and if i didnt back them up, how can i find a way to restore?
So are you meaning DATA or SERVICE.??

If you have NO service then it could be EFS, But you`ll only loose or damanage your EFS if your flashing modems your not supposed too.

If you just have no data that would be an issue of your APN.
My Build: ASRock 970 Extreme4 | Amd FX-6300 OC to 4.5Ghz | Nvidia GTX-650-Ti | 8GB 1600 | 120GB Samsung 840 SSD | 500GB Hard Drive | Windows 7 Pro | NZXT 810 White Case.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia Z1 (White)

Check out my Personal site and Photography www.hunterspad.com

Please Click Thanks If I helped you in any way!
If you need anything Hosted Or mirrored: Send a PM my Way
My Server Specs: 24X Intel Xeon E5-2620 2.1Ghz,32GB Ram,2TB HD

stepinmyworld
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
So are you meaning DATA or SERVICE.??

If you have NO service then it could be EFS, But you`ll only loose or damanage your EFS if your flashing modems your not supposed too.

If you just have no data that would be an issue of your APN.
I have no service ... it won't connect to tmobile for text, phone calls or any Web surfing. I flash a 4.4.2 kit kat rom and now none of the rom I flash get any data. I Checked the vpn and it seems to be exactly like my friends cause he has the tmobile note 3. Is there anything I can do to check the efs... I didn't back them up and that may be the issue.. have no idea on how to tell

Really appreciate your help

stepinmyworld
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepinmyworld View Post

T-Mobile made an error with my service.. The rep asked me if I could go ahead and provide the IMEI number... Once they did that, they realized it and my phone was locked away from the network

It's working now. I let them know I'm rarely ever late for payments ..maybe once every 6 months. Once they knew , I was able to have data unlocked for the phone will work.

Problem solved