Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 52,241 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Which Recovery?

Tip us?

doubledragon5
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 188
Default Which Recovery?

Ok, now that I finally decided to root my Note 3, I have a few simple questions. 1) Which is the preferred recovery to use? Philz or TWRP? 2) What is Samsung and Sprints official position on rooted phones? I have heard some say they do not really care. But they may choose or not choose to service your phone is you run into issues, and need to have warranty service..

DarkManX4lf
Old
Thanks Meter 294
Twrp is good. Usually sprint doesn't care. When I take my phones in, I usually return the phone to stock unrooted.
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkManX4lf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tonyevo52
Old
Thanks Meter 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledragon5 View Post
Ok, now that I finally decided to root my Note 3, I have a few simple questions. 1) Which is the preferred recovery to use? Philz or TWRP? 2) What is Samsung and Sprints official position on rooted phones? I have heard some say they do not really care. But they may choose or not choose to service your phone is you run into issues, and need to have warranty service..
Twrp.....

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to tonyevo52 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]