Moderator Committee Developer Committee
Flag Eastern Seaboard
Thanks Meter: 4,768

14,790 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skacore

Hi!

I don't know if this is the right section to ask my question. I wanted to know if I can change my username and if I can how sould I do it.

Thanks

Send a PM to MikeChannon or Egzthunder1.

----------
Sent from my LTE powered phone on Big Red's awesomesauce network!
20th April 2012, 05:47 AM   |  #3902  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 2,786

4,690 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gage0727

hello, first let me say how much I love it here. I have found so much useful information here its not even funny. I am dying to learn enough to help out in any way I can. the problem I am having is the threads for example are hard to follow. you go into a Rom thread and two post down their is a question or the date on the Rom post was last year. we have no way of knowing if its current or not unless you want to read 500 pages. trust me I tried it. I opened up a post and asked for a how too on Rom manager. got flamed for not using Google by 4 different people and then had the thread closed on me. finally had to go to a different fourm to find out any thing about rim manager. I use to back in the day deal with sat ird and the cam's that went with them. satellite talk (dishnetwork). the fourms I was a member in we had a software area that had basic guides. we had scripts we would right and we would post them and lock it to were we could be the only ones that edited that post. the wiki is a great ideal I can't wait to finally see it and learn. the bad thing is we wouldn't ask so many dumb questions if we could find and understand the information. a lot of us speaking for my self I want to do this hobby because its really cool. wish some of you would remember some times someone asks a dumb question because Google didn't answer their question good enough for them or dumb it down enough. lol. to the mods if you are seeing a lot of question about some thing specific maybe a guide wrote step by step may help to do away with that question. oh and trust me I know people want things just handed to them but some of us don't want to be the one in the next post crying because we bricked or phone because we didn't understand what we were doing.

at the bottom of any post it will say the time and date that post was last edited.

so even if the first post is 2 years old, it may have been edited and Updated to new version last week. and the edit date is the clue. or most rom threads will have a changelog that includes dates.

keep reading after a few weeks/months you see it and know without looking. just keep at it.
The Following User Says Thank You to TRusselo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 09:31 AM   |  #3903  
Thanks Meter: 6

202 posts
oh I am my browser is always open and I always have at least one of xda pages open. just sucks though right now I am reading this thread about a custom Rom that I down loaded. the thread is 501 pages long and I am not even reading about the current Rom. wish a new Rom come out a new thread is created. also the mods clean up threads. if direction says flash a certain radio and you don't and you have problems and the only way it gets fixed is to flash the radio then sorry my opinion its not note worthy and shouldn't take up space.
Last edited by gage0727; 20th April 2012 at 09:39 AM. Reason: miss spelling
20th April 2012, 10:28 AM   |  #3904  
Moderator Committee - Irish Pride, Spartan Legacy
Flag Belfast, Ireland Likes: Whiskey & XDA Dislikes: No whiskey
Thanks Meter: 4,477

23,112 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by gage0727

oh I am my browser is always open and I always have at least one of xda pages open. just sucks though right now I am reading this thread about a custom Rom that I down loaded. the thread is 501 pages long and I am not even reading about the current Rom. wish a new Rom come out a new thread is created. also the mods clean up threads. if direction says flash a certain radio and you don't and you have problems and the only way it gets fixed is to flash the radio then sorry my opinion its not note worthy and shouldn't take up space.

All opinions are worthy mate (some maybe ignored lol) . The OP of each rom thread should give info on current rom, installation etc. If you have issue with rom, post your query in rom thread giving as much info as possible

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think! XDA, mobile wisdom, not a n00b feeding ground!!
21st April 2012, 03:04 PM   |  #3905  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,020

11,478 posts
Donate to Me
More
Mod request: Please add a "I am waiting for the release" option to the poll located here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1522351
Thanks in advance
21st April 2012, 05:25 PM   |  #3906  
Thanks Meter: 25

752 posts
More
Spammer alert..... http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=4606342

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=256
21st April 2012, 09:01 PM   |  #3907  
Moderator Committee Developer Committee
Flag Eastern Seaboard
Thanks Meter: 4,768

14,790 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter93

Mod request: Please add a "I am waiting for the release" option to the poll located here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1522351
Thanks in advance

Done.
22nd April 2012, 06:12 AM   |  #3908  
Flag Johnson City, TN
Thanks Meter: 323

2,771 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have a quick request. Could you please add an option for us on Simple Mobile. I've got T-Mobile listed as my carrier at the moment only because Simple is one of their MNVOs. I think their logo is really cool, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that would appreciate this Thanks!
22nd April 2012, 06:24 AM   |  #3909  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Australia
Thanks Meter: 1,893

6,297 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo321

I have a quick request. Could you please add an option for us on Simple Mobile. I've got T-Mobile listed as my carrier at the moment only because Simple is one of their MNVOs. I think their logo is really cool, and I'm sure I'm not the only one that would appreciate this Thanks!

In here cobber
The Following User Says Thank You to juzz86 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 06:26 AM   |  #3910  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 2,786

4,690 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo321

here is the proper place for that request. Operator Logos and Country Flag Problems
it was just a few posts under this one. "Missed it, by that much!"-Maxwell Smart

EDIT. darn you old man!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to TRusselo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
request, user requests, xda
Previous Thread Next Thread