[Q] Android Unlimited Web or Simple Plan?

OP sfsilicon

26th May 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag SF Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 24

314 posts
More
OOPS, this was supposed to be in the Q&A sections, can a MOD please move. TY.

----

I'm currently on a myFaves for Families 1000 plan with 2 lines and I have a grandfathered T-Mobile Android Unlimited Web + 400 Messages. This gets me to $110 and I hardly ever go over on text or calling. Data seems to be unlimited, but I think I only went over 5GB once and there didn't seem to be any slow down.

Does anyone still have the older Android Unlimited Web and is it the equivalent of the $80 Unlimited 4G LTE data simple plan? Is this truely unlimited?

I'm thinking of switching to a simple plan, I travel from time to time for work and would like to take advantage of the Unlimited data & text in 120+ countries & destinations and the hot spot feature. I'll end up spending $10 for $80 unlimited line 1 plus $40 3GB for line 2. Only downside is I will be giving up my grandfathered plan and if I ever leave my company I'll have to pay the extra $10 per month or downgrade to 5GB data. Any advice or ways to bring my monthly cost down? TMO offers $15 off if I change data plans and keep myFaves Family plan, anyway to get a discount on the simple plans?

Finally does anyone have experience using the unlimited data and text overseas?

TIA!
27th May 2014, 04:09 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
The data overseas is unlimited, but 2g speed.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app
28th May 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 89

912 posts
And 2g is barely useable.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th May 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #4  
Flag Newington
Thanks Meter: 34

141 posts
More
International Roaming is usable, alot faster then being on Edge here in the states, even though it throttled. Viewing Web pages and emailing, gps, and voip calls worked fine. If you want faster speeds you can always upgrade to a higher speed package.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread