overclocking now available!!

Search This thread

johnk1973

Dec 8, 2004
manchester
PocketHack Master V4 is now out with Tytn support. Be warned that at it's highest setting of 440mhz i had to HARD reset my device.... Must start at a lower speed next time and work my way up!

I'm still in the middle of restoring!!

rabmc

Dec 17, 2005
johnk1973 said:
PocketHack Master V4 is now out with Tytn support. Be warned that at it's highest setting of 440mhz i had to HARD reset my device.... Must start at a lower speed next time and work my way up!

I'm still in the middle of restoring!!

have you found a need to overclock the device then...., might works fine for what I use it for

pof

Retired Moderator
Mar 18, 2005
Barcelona
pof.eslack.org
Thanks for pointing this out... I updated the FAQs on the wiki.

It automatically scales the processor voltage onSamsung S3C2440 processors :)

Osir1s

Mar 20, 2006
Australia
so does this clock it over 440mhz, because an extra 40mhz doesnt really sound worthy of paying for software, especially when the TyTN is pretty snappy?

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
I think the main idea of using the program is to allow a "super battery saving" mode, by underclocking the device it will use less power....obviously impacting performance-wise but still!

johnk1973

Dec 8, 2004
manchester
The main reason I wanted PHM was to help render web pages faster. My tytn downloads quicker than the works PC on normal broadband but the pages take longer to 'finalize' the page (i.e.. you can scroll down a page and it's still inserting images). This is a CPU speed issue.

I have finally got to play with PHM and it still needs more work! Just doing a test at tytn's default 400Mhz crashes my phone, never mind higher! I never got much higher than 300Mhz, how strange!!

DeviLduck

Jul 14, 2006
San Francisco Bay Area
Hack Master V4 not ready for primetime!

As others have noted, don't waste your time on Hack Master v4. I played with it, only to find it causes crashes, no matter what you do. Also, I found that it caused an incomplete Hard Reset. So, I had to do the manual hard reset twice, to get TYTN working again correctly.

Also, the Wiki should be updated to show there are still problems for anyone wanting to OC the TYTN.

grayhaze

Dec 8, 2004
I stupidly tried PHM too, and have just suffered a partial hard reset. Here goes the long and frustrating reinstall...

johnk1973

Dec 8, 2004
manchester
grayhaze said:
I stupidly tried PHM too, and have just suffered a partial hard reset. Here goes the long and frustrating reinstall...

aren't we allowed to take these people to court? False advertising and damaging my equipment? They must have had enough emails by now and yet the same program is still there advertising the same things, very poor...

grayhaze

Dec 8, 2004
johnk1973 said:
aren't we allowed to take these people to court? False advertising and damaging my equipment? They must have had enough emails by now and yet the same program is still there advertising the same things, very poor...

They can get away with it through the fact that they tell you to backup your device before you use the program. Coming from an XDAII where PHM worked perfectly though, I stupidly assumed that the quality of the product would be at least the same or even better after numerous updates.

I'm pretty much set up again now, but I'll certainly be looking at purchasing a backup solution before I put my trust in something like that again.

kockie

Aug 26, 2005
Don't think about it, even with a backup... While trying to overclock my TyTN smoothly, it's now on the way to service (no more booting at all...)

Gx

gravejoker

Sep 3, 2006
Oops ... you should have read this thread before even trying overcloking ...

sorry for ya mate !!!

PPCNUT

Jul 27, 2006
I find my Jasjam (Hermes) runs very fast and I don't see the point in over clocking it when it runs fast enough normally.

?Glitch

Jun 5, 2006
Have XCPU Scaler, in autoscale mode working up to 500mhz, on a cingular 8525 (HERM100), no resets, no problem.

>Edit
Also scaled down to 200mhz on the low side for super battery saver.

?Glitch

Last edited:

PPCNUT

Jul 27, 2006
?Glitch that is amazing not just the speed but the fact that their is no problems!!!!!!!!

frustin

Sep 22, 2006
Have XCPU Scaler, in autoscale mode working up to 500mhz, on a cingular 8525 (HERM100), no resets, no problem.

>Edit
Also scaled down to 200mhz on the low side for super battery saver.

?Glitch

you'll be needing one of those new spangly batteries with extra life to cope with a processor increase like that.

gravejoker

Sep 3, 2006
@?Glitch: Can you post some screenshots?

That's awesome .. Has anyone else tried this program out? How's it working for you?

Dukas

Feb 8, 2004
Tel Aviv
I'm using the XCPUScalar with its CPU load based setting.
Normally I set the speed to only 200MHz while on heavy load it speed-up back to 400MHz and 500NHz on very high load.
On day-to-day use it looks like extending the battery life (working on lower clock rate) whiles much quicker route calculation when using the navigation program.
Currently I faced now problem.