Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,846 Members 39,843 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.2 TW KitKat][GT-N5100]Port of Note 10,1 GnaboROM - AirCommand - link added

Tip us?
 
ianbbaa
Old
(Last edited by ianbbaa; 27th June 2014 at 07:06 AM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 799
Posts: 471
Join Date: Dec 2008
Default [ROM][4.4.2 TW KitKat][GT-N5100]Port of Note 10,1 GnaboROM - AirCommand - link added

This is port of Gnabo ROM from Note 10,1 thread with working AirCommand and other staff that is not included in offcial KK release for Note8. Thanks to Mikyno.
Rom has Civatos KERNEL - wifi works with old bootloader. Thank you Civato for bringing this possible with old bootloader! For replacing some libs and other stuff i also used Civatos ROM so some bits and pieces might appear there as well.

Rom uses 160dpi as default - is just a bit smaller and more tabletish look than stock 213 phablet layout. This way it should be for my likes.
A lot of apps are replaced for newer ones from latest devices like Tab4 or Pro - more of those stock newer apps support immersive mode. Overall look of them is more elegant and newer.
Keyboard with Ctrl and arrows, Music Player, Splanner, Gallery etc...
QuadView multiwindow added.
AirCommand with all of its features.

There are still some bugs in this release that need to be solved.

Calling - works but not through earpiece like a fone - just via speaker, also Btooth is fine.
SmartStay - not working
Samsung account - sync doesnt work.
Action memo bug as described in Mykinos thread.
New camera app - buggy.

Removed PlayStore downloadable apps like Gmail, Drive etc...

You need custom recovery to flash, when you have it you probably rooted your device and lost your warranty. I am not responsible for bricked device by flashing this file.

ROM is for N5100 only.

ROM uses frameworks and other system stuff from NOTE 10,1 - flashing some N5100 upgrade zips will probably not work and will bootloop your rom. You can use mods from Note 10,1 forum but better do not flash them just manually push to system!!!

Credits comes to Mikyno for porting AirCommand to Note 10,1 and his ROM as a base. Civato for Kernel that allows us to use KK on older bootloader and keep us out of the KNOX counter. Other people on XDA like Arsaw, ykkfive and all others i forgot!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen1.png
Views:	1884
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	2818352   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen2.png
Views:	1612
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	2818353   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen3.jpg
Views:	1804
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	2818354   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen4.jpg
Views:	1436
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	2818355   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen5.jpg
Views:	1421
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	2818369  

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen6.jpg
Views:	1297
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	2818370   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen7.png
Views:	1192
Size:	149.5 KB
ID:	2818371   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen8.png
Views:	1244
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	2818372  
Galaxy Note GT-N7000 / ROM: my own JB port from NOTE 10,1
MiniTab NOTE 5,3
Current devices: NOTE 8 GT-N5100 + S4 GT-I9505 + Note 3 NEO SM-N7505
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ianbbaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ianbbaa
Old
(Last edited by ianbbaa; 29th June 2014 at 03:16 PM.)
#2  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 799
Posts: 471
Join Date: Dec 2008
Download DropBox
Download MEGA...uploading
Download

Already uploading a bit polished version to DropBox but it will take some time. When ready will post here. Sorry for that but i dont use any FileHosting services just DropBox for my photo backup.
Galaxy Note GT-N7000 / ROM: my own JB port from NOTE 10,1
MiniTab NOTE 5,3
Current devices: NOTE 8 GT-N5100 + S4 GT-I9505 + Note 3 NEO SM-N7505
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ianbbaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
vimi93
Old
#3  
vimi93's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 69
Posts: 318
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DNH UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbbaa View Post
This is port of Gnabo ROM from Note 10,1 thread with working AirCommand and other staff that is not included in offcial KK release for Note8. Thanks to Mikyno.
Rom has Civatos KERNEL - wifi works with old bootloader. Thank you Civato for bringing this possible with old bootloader! For replacing some libs and other stuff i also used Civatos ROM so some bits and pieces might appear there as well.

Rom uses 160dpi as default - is just a bit smaller and more tabletish look than stock 213 phablet layout. This way it should be for my likes.
A lot of apps are replaced for newer ones from latest devices like Tab4 or Pro - more of those stock newer apps support immersive mode. Overall look of them is more elegant and newer.
Keyboard with Ctrl and arrows, Music Player, Splanner, Gallery etc...
QuadView multiwindow added.
AirCommand with all of its features.

There are still some bugs in this release that need to be solved.

Calling - works but not through earpiece like a fone - just via speaker, also Btooth is fine.
SmartStay - not working
Samsung account - sync doesnt work.
Action memo bug as described in Mykinos thread.
New camera app - buggy.

Removed PlayStore downloadable apps like Gmail, Drive etc...

You need custom recovery to flash, when you have it you probably rooted your device and lost your warranty. I am not responsible for bricked device by flashing this file.

ROM is for N5100 only.

ROM uses frameworks and other system stuff from NOTE 10,1 - flashing some N5100 upgrade zips will probably not work and will bootloop your rom. You can use mods from Note 10,1 forum but better do not flash them just manually push to system!!!

Credits comes to Mikyno for porting AirCommand to Note 10,1 and his ROM as a base. Civato for Kernel that allows us to use KK on older bootloader and keep us out of the KNOX counter. Other people on XDA like Arsaw, ykkfive and all others i forgot!
GREAT !!!
 
kettenschutz
Old
#4  
kettenschutz's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 28
Join Date: Aug 2008
Error (509)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Could u reupp somewhere?
 
ianbbaa
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 799
Posts: 471
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kettenschutz View Post
Error (509)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Could u reupp somewhere?
Sorry but trying...4 times to Android Filehost and 4 times 10-30MB smaller file than original uploaded. Now trying luck with MEGA.
Galaxy Note GT-N7000 / ROM: my own JB port from NOTE 10,1
MiniTab NOTE 5,3
Current devices: NOTE 8 GT-N5100 + S4 GT-I9505 + Note 3 NEO SM-N7505
The Following User Says Thank You to ianbbaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
irgendeinname
Old
#6  
irgendeinname's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 28
Join Date: Jul 2010
Please what's happening ? interested. Thanks

Sent from my GT-N5100 using xda premium
 
ianbbaa
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 799
Posts: 471
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by irgendeinname View Post
Please what's happening ? interested. Thanks

Sent from my GT-N5100 using xda premium
I will probably split the ROM into two files - clean ROM and flashable add-ons....my PC was sitting 48h on uploading to MEGA and never came over 60%. Android filehost...all the time a bit smaller file than uploaded. So only link that works is DropBox which is probably dead after some more downloads. IF someone can post mirrors...

I dont have that slow connection, but also not that super speedy one...but it is still resetting somehow.

I already have some fixes to the first ROM, so will upload evening - probably two files - smaller ROM base and stock apps to flash.
Galaxy Note GT-N7000 / ROM: my own JB port from NOTE 10,1
MiniTab NOTE 5,3
Current devices: NOTE 8 GT-N5100 + S4 GT-I9505 + Note 3 NEO SM-N7505
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ianbbaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
tooandrew
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 111
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: washington, DC
Do you see this rom being ported to the 5110? That would make me so happy
IF I HELPED YOU, HIT THANKS
My Devices:
Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3, rooted and running Wicked X v7.3, undervolted and overclocked, powered by ktoonsez's KT747 4.4.2
Samsung Galaxy Gear, rooted and running Null Rom 23, undervolted 4.2.2
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, rooted and running CivZ-FLEXNOTE-8.0 Rev1.8, powered by Civato's SphereKat-Rev2.2 kernel 4.4.2
Dell Inspiron Duo running android x86 4.3
 
jonestechbyte
Old
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 72
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Boise
if you have a way to get me a good file of the rom I can post a mirror pm me a link
 
kstephens98
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 289
Posts: 583
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooandrew View Post
Do you see this rom being ported to the 5110? That would make me so happy
+1 5110 Pleeeaaasssse

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes