I am not a developer, just a modder and an Android enthusiast.
I create/mod/build ROMs and kernels for myself, and want to share with XDA members.
I don't want anything in return, my work might not fit your needs.
This ROM is for Stock Touchwiz users who want fast and stable ROM.
Purpose of this ROM:
- Give users latest software (both firmware and apps)
- Delete some bloatware that might use battery or annoy users some way.
- Do not edit much system files and try to be stable as possible, stay close to stock ROM.
- Compatible with N5100 and N5105 (Phone calls are enabled for N5105)
- ROM is based on latest 4.2.2 JellyBean N5100XXCMK1 Stock ROM
- Includes stock kernel and radio
- Updated all gapps and Samsung Apps to latest version (09 Feb. 2014). So you do not need to update all apps via Play Store.
- Deodexed,zipaligned all apps
- Includes latest version of busybox.
- Not rooted by default
- Deleted Hub apps but includes SApps
- Includes Photo and Video Editor apps for easy editing from Gallery.
HOW TO INSTALL:
I recommend full wipe (cache, dalvik cache, system, data) if you are coming from other ROM and wiping system and cache,dalvik cache if you are upgrading. Just use TWRP or CWM recoveries and flash ROM. Afterwards you can flash kernel, bloatware remover and SuperSU.
By default I didn't removed much apps, because some users might need them, some apps are not installable from Play Store (at least in some countries)
But I created a ZIP that you can flash and remove bloatware and get a "Lite" ROM:
BLOATWARE REMOVER v0.1: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407570525
This will remove: Help, Kies Air, AwesomeNote, PeelTab, WatchON, Link, PaperArtist, Earth, Keep, CloudPrint, Dropbox, Magazines (Newstand), Books, Play Games, Nova
If you are rooted, you can remove apps you want manually.
Download and flash SuperSU:
Why I don't include SuperSU or Xposed Framework and modules:
- Some users don't want them.
- It is really easy to install them if you want.
- Apps from Play Store or Sapps can easily (even automatically) updated, but they require user action and if my ROM gets old, users might have security/stability issues.
===v0.2===: *Updated some gapps to latest version (Maps, Hangouts) *Multi-user activated (Like other ROMs S-note only works for main user.) *Some minor fixes
I recommend MoleculeKernel: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2643096
MoleculeROM, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Last Updated 2014-02-19