Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,011 Members 39,374 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ODIN] GT-N5110 XXDNE1 (Modem/Kernel/Bootloader/ROM - Full Restore - Unrooted)

Tip us?

rwilco12
Old
(Last edited by rwilco12; 19th July 2014 at 02:36 AM.)
Forum Moderator / AndroidFileHost Rep - OP
Thanks Meter 11134

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up [ROM][ODIN] GT-N5110 XXDNE1 (Modem/Kernel/Bootloader/ROM - Full Restore - Unrooted)

I was asked to make this one-click to help simplify the process of restoring a stock factory build for our Note 8.0 users. At this time neither myself or @garwynn are planning on releasing a rooted One-Click.

This Odin One-Click.exe contains the Stock GT-N5110 XXDNE1 Bootloader, Kernel, Modem and ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 16GB Wi-Fi edition (GT-N5110). Yes, that means this comes with the full Knox Bootloader.

There has been no change to the ROM from the initial build released by Samsung.

This will NOT trigger the Yellow Triangle NOR will it increment the Odin flash count.

This one-click resets your whole device to the stock XXDNE1 experience, similar to a factory restore and it may wipe all data. It also contains the full bootloader and Knox.

Instructions:
1: Backup anything important and Disable any PINs.
During this process your device's software will be returned to the Stock setup. All system data will be lost. To be safe, it is best to archive your backup off your device, ie on your PC or Dropbox.

2: Install Samsung USB/Android drivers (if necessary).
Samsung Drivers Download Link

3: Download the XXDNE1 Stock ROM One-Click.
GT-N5110 XXDNE1 Full Restore Unrooted (Compressed Archive).exe (Resets user data)

4: Unzip One-Click ROM using 7zip (this package is a self-extracting exe you should just be able to double-click on it after download and it will do the rest).

5: Start the Odin One-Click.
Navigate to the location where the "GT-N5110 XXDNE1 Full Restore Unrooted.exe" was saved upon extract from the 7Zip archive.
Double-click on "GT-N5110 XXDNE1 Full Restore Unrooted.exe". *On Vista or newer, you may need to right-click on the file and Run as Administrator.

6: Place device in Download Mode.
- Power device completely off.
- Press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons, all at the same time.
- Release the buttons only when the ‘Warning!!’ message appears.
- Press [Volume Up] to enter Download mode.

7: Connect USB cable to PC and device.
Odin should show a yellow COM port in the second column. If you do not see a yellow COM port, you may need to run the Odin One-Click as Administrator and/or unplug/plugin the USB cable after starting Odin One-Click.

8: Start Odin flash process.
Press [Start].

9: Complete - PASS!
Status should change to green PASS! At this point your device should automatically reboot.

The boot process will take slightly longer than usual during which time you'll see the Samsung logo screen.

Congratulations! You've flashed the Factory Restore XXDNE1 build!

Need an HD wallpaper to match your ROM? Check out Rwilco12's Wallpaper Gallery!
XDA Free Version | Pro Version

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rwilco12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rwilco12
Old
Thanks Meter 11134

DONATE TO ME
Download Link: rwilco12.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=762

johnnyk75
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default n5100

Having trouble loading 4.4.2 bootlader through odin onto my n5100 would it be ok to flash this, then root it and then install the custom n5100 rom of my choice or would I be on tne wrong bootlader and mess my tab up TIA

Tf300 32gb blueandroid v1.1
Nexus 7 32gb stock
HTC one x 32gb [ROM] Nocturnal JellySense+ v5.0 | Extreme Speed and Stability
Acer a500 16gb RE-FLEXxx

rwilco12
Old
Thanks Meter 11134

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyk75 View Post
Having trouble loading 4.4.2 bootlader through odin onto my n5100 would it be ok to flash this, then root it and then install the custom n5100 rom of my choice or would I be on tne wrong bootlader and mess my tab up TIA
I believe it would mess up your bootloader but I don't have a way to verify as I don't have the n5100. Sorry!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to rwilco12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

capitoldach
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default triangle away

Will this reset the flash counter and allow ota updates? Or do you need to reset flash counter before you do this?

rwilco12
Old
Thanks Meter 11134

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitoldach View Post
Will this reset the flash counter and allow ota updates? Or do you need to reset flash counter before you do this?
This won't reset the counter but it won't increment it either. This is a 100% stock unrooted ROM so you'll be able to take OTA's again after flashing.

addison892
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Can I side load this with ADB? I am currently bricked and looking to start over if I can get my N5110 to install another ROM.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I was once told there is a thin line between LOVE and HATE...
Maybe I actually HATE the Detroit Lions

styles420
Old
Thanks Meter 1252
Quote:
Originally Posted by addison892 View Post
Can I side load this with ADB? I am currently bricked and looking to start over if I can get my N5110 to install another ROM.

If you're bricked, how do you intend to use ADB?
"What is this?! When does this happen in the movie?!"

"Now, sir. You're looking at now - everything that's happening now, is happening now."

addison892
Old
(Last edited by addison892; 18th July 2014 at 09:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by styles420 View Post
If you're bricked, how do you intend to use ADB?
I have full access to recovery and download modes.
I am unable to Odin and flash because of partition errors. I plan on using TWRP and the ADB option with Android SDk. Do you think this will work?
I have not been able to Odin . Pit files successfully and re-partition. I am hoping ADB will allow me to put the rom inside the current partitions and use TWRP to flash.
Just a thought. I really don't know what I am doing or how to fix it. But if I have download mode and recovery, I should be able to find a way.
I am currently in a bootloop to recovery.
Thanks for your response and any suggestions you may have.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

I have followed the instructions posted here to the letter, but keep getting a FAIL! at the sboot.bin point shortly after starting one-click.

I was once told there is a thin line between LOVE and HATE...
Maybe I actually HATE the Detroit Lions

rwilco12
Old
Thanks Meter 11134

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by addison892 View Post
I have full access to recovery and download modes.
I am unable to Odin and flash because of partition errors. I plan on using TWRP and the ADB option with Android SDk. Do you think this will work?
I have not been able to Odin . Pit files successfully and re-partition. I am hoping ADB will allow me to put the rom inside the current partitions and use TWRP to flash.
Just a thought. I really don't know what I am doing or how to fix it. But if I have download mode and recovery, I should be able to find a way.
I am currently in a bootloop to recovery.
Thanks for your response and any suggestions you may have.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

I have followed the instructions posted here to the letter, but keep getting a FAIL! at the sboot.bin point shortly after starting one-click.

Unfortunately I don't know that this will work for you at this time. Essentially the one-click is a repackaged TAR. The TAR itself contains image files that correspond to specific partitions on your device. If the partitions on the device don't match up Odin is supposed to throw up a flag and stop the flash in order to prevent bricking the device.

I can't be 100% certain but given the fact it is stopping on sboot.bin, my guess is that the issues you are experiencing probably come from flashing a ZIP bootloader or ROM for another device. If that's the case we might be able to backtrack and undo what you've done so far but this won't work unless you have the right partition structures already in place.

Tags
galaxy note 8, kitkat, rwilco12, xxdne1