Poor signal strength on my GPE converted M8

20th May 2014, 05:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

38 posts
So I have been running the GPE rim only conversion successfully for a while now, but my signal strength has decreased significantly. My wife has an untouched m8 that always has perfect signal, especially in our house. But mine is all over the place.

Any ideas?
20th May 2014, 06:29 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 17

194 posts
More
This should be posted in Q&A, be sure to look next time.

That aside, I agree - I'm using Paranoid Android and my signal goes in and out and up and down all the time. It's pretty awful.

I guess that's the price we pay for greatness! Haha
26th May 2014, 12:55 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 33

256 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhat3k1

So I have been running the GPE rim only conversion successfully for a while now, but my signal strength has decreased significantly. My wife has an untouched m8 that always has perfect signal, especially in our house. But mine is all over the place.

Any ideas?

Is it possible that they are only showing different signal strength? When Apple first released the iPhone 4 it had problems with the reception, but accordingly to Apple this was mainly because of a bug that made the phone show higher signal strength than it actually had.

Something like this could explain the difference between M8 and M8 GPe.

With that said, I have an M8 converted to GPe and my signal goes up and down all the time and it's always pretty bad. I only used the stock M8 for 10 minutes so I have no idea of good or bad signal that had.

Do you notice any dropped calls, bad call quality or slow network speeds on yours compared to your wife's?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread