XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more
Question

[Q] Moto G lose network service

24th March 2014, 12:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Hello

I bought my Moto G in the past moth, and until today it happens to me 3 times, the phone gives me a Message "Emergence only" or something similar, and then a lose my connection to 3g and GSM.
I try to put in airplane mode and then put airplane mode off, but never ask for my pin and continuous without conection. The only way it is to shout down a take the sim and reenter again, after this it work.

I have the European version in the last KitKat version, no root and no moods.

Anyone knows how to fixed?
26th March 2014, 11:09 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello,

I'm also getting the same issue with my moto g. It randomly loses the network, asking again for the SIM pin.

I have the 4.4.2 [Unofficial] AOSPA+ 4.2 [BETA2] Paranoid Android.

Any clues on this issue?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMJ

Hello

I bought my Moto G in the past moth, and until today it happens to me 3 times, the phone gives me a Message "Emergence only" or something similar, and then a lose my connection to 3g and GSM.
I try to put in airplane mode and then put airplane mode off, but never ask for my pin and continuous without conection. The only way it is to shout down a take the sim and reenter again, after this it work.

I have the European version in the last KitKat version, no root and no moods.

Anyone knows how to fixed?

26th March 2014, 11:28 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
It is different, my don't ask for the pin, my don't even recognize the Sim card.

I talk to the assistance of moto g, and they said to change to another Sim card. But I don't believe that it will solve

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
31st March 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #4  
Flag Galicia
Thanks Meter: 39

267 posts
More
It can happen for places with low signal; i had same issue while being in my bedroom (walls are 1 meter thick made from stone) switching to 2g solved the issue and gave me max signal bars all the time.

Btw i did not have pin problem because i removed it
31st March 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
This happen in my home and in my university. They are near to each other and I have always 5 bars with the 3g one. I don't think it is that.
To solve temporarily the problem I just take off the Sim and put again, without turn off the phone and it immediately recognize the Sim and ask for the pin and works

31st March 2014, 11:11 PM   |  #6  

7 posts
I had this issue, and it caused no end of trouble. I'm currently without my Moto G, as according to the Phones4U Repairs Tracker, it's "Within repair process" and I left it with P4U 11 days ago.

I might have a different cause to you guys, because it looks like there is/was a software issue that causes this behaviour too. And this is going to sound stupid, and if I hadn't seen it myself, I wouldn't have believed it. But my issue is the spring-loaded SIM card slot has too much spring. It slowly pushes the bloomin' SIM card out slightly after a random length of time.

Initially I thought it was something I'd done, despite getting a SIM free one and only doing official updates. So I factory restored the phone, and that didn't help. So then I couldn't believe it was the phone, I figured it was the SIM card. So I swapped SIMs. Same issue. Then it happened to do it before I put the rear cover back on, and I could see the slight difference.

It happens after a random length of time, but because it doesn't come all the way out, it makes an intermittent connection. I could have fixed it with a bit of tape, but it was under warranty. I'm currently using a mate's LG Optimus 4X HD P880 while I await the return of my Moto. Bad times.

Thankfully I managed to demonstrate this to the lady at the desk in P4U who added it to the repair documentation, I got lucky because sometimes it didn't do it for ages after I'd reinserted the SIM. Otherwise Moto could have looked at it, not seen the problem actually occur in front of them (as it happens after a random length of time) and just sent it back with NFF. I've still got my fingers crossed that they fix it and this resolves the issue though.
Last edited by Nexxxeh; 31st March 2014 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Added last paragraph
31st March 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
I believe you, It can be a problem with the spring. My Sim card it was cut to fit on the micro slot, I will ask for one micro Sim on my carrier and see if it solve the problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to PMJ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2014, 12:04 AM   |  #8  

7 posts
Mine both came precut, it made no difference. My carrier is a UK MVNO called Giffgaff.
1st April 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
My it is Vodafone from Portugal. I will try anyway. But I hope that it solves by itself

1st April 2014, 07:27 AM   |  #10  
Flag Vapi
Thanks Meter: 37

104 posts
More
Mine Sim 2 works fine but Sim 1 frequently loses signal.
I guess the problem occurs only when data is active.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
network service
Previous Thread Next Thread