FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Unhappy [Q] Moto G rooted and problems

OP dvdgremlin

7th June 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Hiya,

Had my Moto G for several months and decided to root it.

I followed on youtube =GrDYGmgbQEw it worked except....

My space shown on my phone is really low and deleting things makes no difference. It shows on settings storage the icon for diskspace with about 1/3 used but the rest is blank with only 309 mb free but the space shown is probably 4or 5 GB.

When I close the m/c it closes and then auto reboots !

Bank (finance Barclays ) apps say the m/c is rooted but various apps say it's not. When I try to use a root facility it doesn't prompt me to allow it in superuser However SSHdroid starts and it wouldn't prior to rooting.

So any help would be appreciated. I have gone into recovery and deleted both cache.
7th June 2014, 07:52 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Flag London

12 posts
just noticed that a full charge pre root would shows circa 32 hours it now post root shows 22 full charge !
7th June 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag London

12 posts
just noticed that a full charge pre root would show circa 32 hours and it now post root shows 22 full charge !
8th June 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag London

12 posts
Talking
I have had some limited success. The phone doesn't automatically reboot now. I went into recovery and told the phone to close. when I restarted it the phone now closes on command and stays closed when told to it no longer auto reboots

so anyone got any ideas about my space problem anyone ?
Last edited by dvdgremlin; 8th June 2014 at 10:36 PM.
8th June 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #5  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 6

62 posts
More
not sure based on what u described, but rootjunky has other vids on how to wipe and restore the moto G, I would advise to try it again
9th June 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag London

12 posts
I can't install any software as they fail on lack of space.

If I follow your advice do I lose all my settings and data on the phone ?

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look for the youtube you suggest.
10th June 2014, 12:54 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag London

12 posts
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RAN7ON

not sure based on what u described, but rootjunky has other vids on how to wipe and restore the moto G, I would advise to try it again

lol, well I did follow that vid. thing is I didnt do it with enough attention... I now have a UK based phone with USA bits on it The differences so far are that my carrier logo is totally missing off the top of the screen and it seems sms doesn't work. it knows it's on vodafone and will make calls.

still have the damned space problem tho
10th June 2014, 02:03 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag London

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdgremlin

lol, well I did follow that vid. thing is I didnt do it with enough attention... I now have a UK based phone with USA bits on it The differences so far are that my carrier logo is totally missing off the top of the screen and it seems sms doesn't work. it knows it's on vodafone and will make calls.

still have the damned space problem tho

MMS working now. had to manually set it up as the details couldn't be sent. voip fails due to differences in settings.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread