Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 39,983 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Moto G rooted and problems

Tip us?

dvdgremlin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Moto G rooted and problems

Hiya,

Had my Moto G for several months and decided to root it.

I followed on youtube =GrDYGmgbQEw it worked except....

My space shown on my phone is really low and deleting things makes no difference. It shows on settings storage the icon for diskspace with about 1/3 used but the rest is blank with only 309 mb free but the space shown is probably 4or 5 GB.

When I close the m/c it closes and then auto reboots !

Bank (finance Barclays ) apps say the m/c is rooted but various apps say it's not. When I try to use a root facility it doesn't prompt me to allow it in superuser However SSHdroid starts and it wouldn't prior to rooting.

So any help would be appreciated. I have gone into recovery and deleted both cache.

dvdgremlin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
just noticed that a full charge pre root would shows circa 32 hours it now post root shows 22 full charge !

dvdgremlin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
just noticed that a full charge pre root would show circa 32 hours and it now post root shows 22 full charge !

dvdgremlin
Old
(Last edited by dvdgremlin; 8th June 2014 at 09:36 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have had some limited success. The phone doesn't automatically reboot now. I went into recovery and told the phone to close. when I restarted it the phone now closes on command and stays closed when told to it no longer auto reboots

so anyone got any ideas about my space problem anyone ?

3RAN7ON
Old
Thanks Meter 3
not sure based on what u described, but rootjunky has other vids on how to wipe and restore the moto G, I would advise to try it again
I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
-G.K. Chesterton

dvdgremlin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I can't install any software as they fail on lack of space.

If I follow your advice do I lose all my settings and data on the phone ?

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look for the youtube you suggest.

dvdgremlin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RAN7ON View Post
not sure based on what u described, but rootjunky has other vids on how to wipe and restore the moto G, I would advise to try it again

lol, well I did follow that vid. thing is I didnt do it with enough attention... I now have a UK based phone with USA bits on it The differences so far are that my carrier logo is totally missing off the top of the screen and it seems sms doesn't work. it knows it's on vodafone and will make calls.

still have the damned space problem tho

dvdgremlin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdgremlin View Post
lol, well I did follow that vid. thing is I didnt do it with enough attention... I now have a UK based phone with USA bits on it The differences so far are that my carrier logo is totally missing off the top of the screen and it seems sms doesn't work. it knows it's on vodafone and will make calls.

still have the damned space problem tho
MMS working now. had to manually set it up as the details couldn't be sent. voip fails due to differences in settings.