[Q] Problem with tab - Bootlop $ Data corrupted

Search This thread

ofrimeme

Dec 19, 2011
Hello.

I have a problem with the tab..

was running CM 10.1.2 (4.2.2) for a while now and was working just fine.

a few days ago it got stucked...
to be exact - i was playing music with jungo, opend the notification drawer to enable the BT and it got stucked (the music still kept playing though)
a reseted it (with the power botton) and it got into a bootloop.

i tried reinstalling the rom and the kernel - not helping.

now, i think there is a problem with the DATA partiotion... everythnig i do in recovery that touches this partiotion causes the device to reboot (into the bootloop)

Wipe dalvik cache, Fix permissions. Format Data, Factory reset - All of these causes a reboot.
also creating a NAND backup, while reaching the DATA backup causes a reebot.

that is why i cant reinstall the tab - no way to format the DATA partiotion...

the thing is - i dont mid trying repartition with ODIN - but first i have some information i really need to backup first.
in recovery i see the SDCARD, can access all the files - but can't mount it to the computer in RECOVERY mode to access the files, or to copy any other installations in there...

i would really really apreciate the help - mostly to be able to access the data on the card

Thanks in advance
Ofri

OmarEinea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
Can't you flash a stock firmware through odin??
then you should be able to access your sdcard and backup your files, and then you can flash whatever you want.

Last edited:

ofrimeme

Dec 19, 2011
Can't you flash a stock firmware through odin??
then you should be able to access your sdcard and backup your files, and then you can flash whatever you want.

i can and i did - and could also format the DATA partition.

the thing is. that in the way this proccess formated my SDCARD!! (i din not marked repartiotion in odin)

anyway the tab works now
but the information is lost.. :(

im trying to run a restore software on it

i have one i use for memory cards - but is there a way i can mount the tab to the PC as a regular flash memory? because in any other way for now my backup software doesnt recognize it...

OmarEinea

Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
i can and i did - and could also format the DATA partition.

the thing is. that in the way this proccess formated my SDCARD!! (i din not marked repartiotion in odin)

anyway the tab works now
but the information is lost.. :(

im trying to run a restore software on it

Well your sdcard shouldn't be formatted, you should be able to see your files inside "/sdcard/0" folder.

i have one i use for memory cards - but is there a way i can mount the tab to the PC as a regular flash memory? because in any other way for now my backup software doesnt recognize it...

Hmmmm, I don't have any info about that that might help you.

ofrimeme

Dec 19, 2011
Well your sdcard shouldn't be formatted, you should be able to see your files inside "/sdcard/0" folder.

Hmmmm, I don't have any info about that that might help you.

hi and thanks for the help

im affraid that what's happened was my stupidity...
i forgot that factory reset in the original e3 recovery formats the SD card also..
and i did that... before flashing CWM

i know i can restore after this format
i did it a few tiomes in a phone
the problem that now i can't see it in the PC as a drive (it doesnt have a letter) so i cant access it for recover
i tried installing a recovery APP it fuond some photos but not the ones i needed.

any way.. question now is.. how can i recover deleted data from the SD card?
or
how can i mount it to the PC in a way that it will recive a letter as a drive? (not as camera)?

OmarEinea

Aug 18, 2012
Sharjah, UAE
hi and thanks for the help

im affraid that what's happened was my stupidity...
i forgot that factory reset in the original e3 recovery formats the SD card also..
and i did that... before flashing CWM

i know i can restore after this format
i did it a few tiomes in a phone
the problem that now i can't see it in the PC as a drive (it doesnt have a letter) so i cant access it for recover
i tried installing a recovery APP it fuond some photos but not the ones i needed.

any way.. question now is.. how can i recover deleted data from the SD card?
or
how can i mount it to the PC in a way that it will recive a letter as a drive? (not as camera)?

if your tab is getting recognized on your PC as a camera, then all you need to do is checking the "Media device (MTP)" option in:
"Settings>Storage>{press three dots in the top right corner}>USB computer connection>Media device (MTP)"
then disconnect your tab and reconnect it, and everything should work fine.

ofrimeme

Dec 19, 2011
if your tab is getting recognized on your PC as a camera, then all you need to do is checking the "Media device (MTP)" option in:
"Settings>Storage>{press three dots in the top right corner}>USB computer connection>Media device (MTP)"
then disconnect your tab and reconnect it, and everything should work fine.

nope...
is connect to the PC but not with a drive letter.
as of HC google changed it. and devices connects to PCs as PRTABLE MEDIA. without drive letter.
without that. i cant recover...