Would the LG G4 Fare Well With The Snapdragon 808?

The LG G4 has a lot to prove, given that last year’s LG G3 was among the best … more

CyanogenMod 12.1 for Android One

Android One devices once again got a pretty stable release of Android 5.1. XDA Recognized … more

DexPatcher: Patch Android APKs Using Java

You’ve probably seen or installed modified applications, be it a patched dialer for your … more

Is Cloud Storage Ready to Replace External Storage?

With more and more OEMs ditching SD cards on their flagships, cloud storage is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

New M8 user, not sure where to start on installing a custom ROM.

27th May 2014, 04:06 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
There is unlocking bootloader, rooting, SuperCID, flashing CWM recovering and installing a customROM (ViperOne) on my new device, M8.

I'm completely capable of understanding and following the guides, but I'm just not sure the order I should be following to achieve all those.

Could you please guide me with the correct order?
27th May 2014, 04:18 AM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilxadon

There is unlocking bootloader, rooting, SuperCID, flashing CWM recovering and installing a customROM (ViperOne) on my new device, M8.

I'm completely capable of understanding and following the guides, but I'm just not sure the order I should be following to achieve all those.

Could you please guide me with the correct order?

Root using weaksauce first. Then use firewater to get s-off and unlock the bootloader. Then flash any of the recoveries in development (I like philz) using fastboot. Then boot to recovery, do a backup and flash your rom of choice. I don't see a need to use supercid unless your rom requires it.
27th May 2014, 04:15 PM |#3  
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 359

1,084 posts
More
Here is a little guide I put together that includes links to get you going.

http://www.scottsroms.com/showthread...allation-Guide
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread