FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

[Q] Does charging CABLE effect charging speeds?

653 posts
Thanks Meter: 168
 
By wtoj34, Senior Member on 24th May 2014, 02:07 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Im curious if I can use the extraordinarily large USB cable from the nexus 7 coupled with my m8s wall plug and get the same charging speeds from the higher amp charging wall plug? I only ask because HTC makes some pretty short cables and hinders my internet browsing at night abilities

Sent from Tapatalk on my one m8
 
 
25th May 2014, 02:02 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Not at all. Charge away!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to godhamba For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2014, 04:14 AM |#3  
dottat's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 2,724
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by godhamba

Not at all. Charge away!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Length of dc wire will lead to voltage drop. Lower voltage means the unit will draw more amps to get the same wattage of power. If anyone needs a longer cable make sure it's not cheap and that it uses a heavier gauge USB cable. Unless you are fan of heat in both your charger and phone.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to dottat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 03:50 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Yes, but we are talking a foot or two at most here; the voltage drop would be inconsequential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat

Length of dc wire will lead to voltage drop. Lower voltage means the unit will draw more amps to get the same wattage of power. If anyone needs a longer cable make sure it's not cheap and that it uses a heavier gauge USB cable. Unless you are fan of heat in both your charger and phone.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

27th May 2014, 03:55 AM |#5  
dottat's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 2,724
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by godhamba

Yes, but we are talking a foot or two at most here; the voltage drop would be inconsequential.

Depends. I have seen some pretty crazy six and ten foot cables lol. The user then wonders why the slow charge.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes