Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,174 Members 51,693 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google play services have stopped

Tip us?

no_username_available
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Default [Q] Google play services have stopped

hi all, last night i upgraded from cm 10.2 to cm 11 trough the updater and now i get a warning popup every 5-10 minutes saying that so and so app have stopped working, mainly google play services, should i re-flash gaps? thanks in advance

Kriptik210
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Try uninstalling the Google play services update and then update. I had the same issue on another ROM and it worked for me

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
.............Sent from an A.I. frequency.............

no_username_available
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
i don't have an option to uninstall updates, only to uninstall the entire app thing

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 641
You probably have to flash kk gapps.. Uninstall anything gapps related and flash kk gapps

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

no_username_available
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
thanks, so what exactly are the gapps is it just like gmail, youtube, google play and such? will flashing kk apps just replace them?

serio22
Old
Thanks Meter 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_username_available View Post
thanks, so what exactly are the gapps is it just like gmail, youtube, google play and such? will flashing kk apps just replace them?
No it's not those.. It consists of Google back up, sync, play store, and other things, but I think it'll be better to just wipe the system, reflash ROM, and then flash kk gapps.. You should be up and running by then

The Following User Says Thank You to serio22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Skipjacks
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3812
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22 View Post
No it's not those.. It consists of Google back up, sync, play store, and other things, but I think it'll be better to just wipe the system, reflash ROM, and then flash kk gapps.. You should be up and running by then

This. Anytime you are moving to a new base (in this case Android 4.3 to Android 4.4) your best option is to do a full wipe and fresh install. You can backup and restore your app data to the new version, just not your system settings.

The CM installer tried to outsmart this but if it doesn't work perfectly, just do a full wipe and fresh flash.

However, if you want to try flashing a KK Gapps package, I'm sure it won't brick your phone. So it's worth a shot to see if that fixes it. It will only waste 30 seconds of your time if it doesn't.
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skipjacks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

no_username_available
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipjacks View Post
This. Anytime you are moving to a new base (in this case Android 4.3 to Android 4.4) your best option is to do a full wipe and fresh install. You can backup and restore your app data to the new version, just not your system settings.

The CM installer tried to outsmart this but if it doesn't work perfectly, just do a full wipe and fresh flash.

However, if you want to try flashing a KK Gapps package, I'm sure it won't brick your phone. So it's worth a shot to see if that fixes it. It will only waste 30 seconds of your time if it doesn't.
so just flashing kk apps might brick it?

Skipjacks
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3812
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_username_available View Post
so just flashing kk apps might brick it?
No. I said that WON'T brick it. That's why it's worth a shot.

No risk. High potential reward.

You might also try using Titanium to manually uninstall all google apps and services before flashing the KitKat Gapps package.
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!
The Following User Says Thank You to Skipjacks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

no_username_available
Old
(Last edited by no_username_available; 27th May 2014 at 10:34 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipjacks View Post
No. I said that WON'T brick it. That's why it's worth a shot.

No risk. High potential reward.

You might also try using Titanium to manually uninstall all google apps and services before flashing the KitKat Gapps package.
thanks man, i screamed YOLO and just flashed it, time to see if it'll work lol

EDIT: thanks a ton bro i flashed kk apps and its all fine and dandy working perfect