Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,878 Members 37,031 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kitkat partition files

Tip us?

simon_lefisch
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 363
Default Kitkat partition files

I was wondering if anyone has been able to pull the partition files for kitkat? I ask because I've seen people get their phone stuck in fastboot mode and being able to flash the proper image files will help fix their probs, however the only image files I know of are for JB. I would do it myself if I knew how....

6ril1
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_lefisch View Post
I was wondering if anyone has been able to pull the partition files for kitkat? I ask because I've seen people get their phone stuck in fastboot mode and being able to flash the proper image files will help fix their probs, however the only image files I know of are for JB. I would do it myself if I knew how....
what about http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2600575 ?
The Following User Says Thank You to 6ril1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

simon_lefisch
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ril1 View Post
Nice, I'll look into that later today. Thank you for the link [emoji106][emoji2]

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1279
Quote:
Quote:
Nice, I'll look into that later today. Thank you for the link [emoji106][emoji2]
even though that should work for getting stock partitions it doesn't give them to you in .img except for the system/userdata&cache partitions so you would only be able to fastboot flash those three partitions, all other partitions are in .bin format and unless there is a way to convert them to .img(I haven't found a working method yet) than they won't work
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

simon_lefisch
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
even though that should work for getting stock partitions it doesn't give them to you in .img except for the system/userdata&cache partitions so you would only be able to fastboot flash those three partitions, all other partitions are in .bin format and unless there is a way to convert them to .img(I haven't found a working method yet) than they won't work
Hmm....interesting. I did not know that. Maybe I'll ask one of the devs and see if they have a solution to that. Thanks for the tip.

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1279
Quote:
Hmm....interesting. I did not know that. Maybe I'll ask one of the devs and see if they have a solution to that. Thanks for the tip.
yea unless you had used the tool before(I use it quite often) its not information available to public, if you figure something out keep us posted
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

6ril1
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Sorry fot the noob question but renaming them with img ext doesn't work ?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=35

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1279
Quote:
Sorry fot the noob question but renaming them with img ext doesn't work ?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=35
never actually tried, but it could work(if bender says it does than it should) somebody would just need to test that theory with all the partitions, but it still doesn't allow me to explore the persist.bin renamed to .img(that contains the rct check I want to do some test with it)

simon_lefisch
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 363
Quote:
yea unless you had used the tool before(I use it quite often) its not information available to public, if you figure something out keep us posted
So I was able to pull all the partitions for the Verizon variant (VS980). They are currently in in .bin format. Not sure if I should change them to .img tho. Haven't tested any of the files yet so on looking to see if anyone is brave enough to try lol.

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1279
Quote:
So I was able to pull all the partitions for the Verizon variant (VS980). They are currently in in .bin format. Not sure if I should change them to .img tho. Haven't tested any of the files yet so on looking to see if anyone is brave enough to try lol.
Using the tool mentioned earlier you can get the system into a .img, so that you an tinker with it/I already tried with the persist.bin and rename to persist.img worked but I haven't tested anything else since I've been working on other things, otherwise anything you need to know let me know and I can test on my side

Sent from my potato d800