Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,713 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Connect to two Bluetooth headsets simultaneously?

Tip us?

v1nsai
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Connect to two Bluetooth headsets simultaneously?

I want to buy two in ear Bluetooth headsets to use as wireless headphones to listen to music with. I've been researching if it's possible to sync two headsets to one phone, and from what I've seen, whether or not this is possible is largely hardware dependent. I was wondering if any of you have done this with the i747 and can confirm it works before I buy anything

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about multipoint, which allows one Bluetooth headset to sync with two phones.

heathroi
Old
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1nsai View Post
I want to buy two in ear Bluetooth headsets to use as wireless headphones to listen to music with. I've been researching if it's possible to sync two headsets to one phone, and from what I've seen, whether or not this is possible is largely hardware dependent. I was wondering if any of you have done this with the i747 and can confirm it works before I buy anything

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about multipoint, which allows one Bluetooth headset to sync with two phones.
should do. i can connect to car stereo and a jbl flip at the same time.

Ed Murray
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I personally did this but with two different brand units. They never seemed "in sync" with each other. I suppose using the same models may have solved that issue but wasn't able to try. Instead a purchased a pair of Motorola Bluetooth ear buds and love them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
My Devices

SGH I747 S III on Straight Talk, 7,000mah Zerolemon Battery & Shock Case w/ wireless Qi
Carbon KK ROM/Kernel - CWM BL

N900T Note III on Straight Talk, 10,000mah Zerolemon Battery & Shock Case w/ wireless Qi
HyperDrive RLS3.1 - CWM BL

Galaxy Tab 3 8.1" & NEW 10.5" Non-Modded

Acer A210 10.1" Non-Modded

Original Kindle Fire 7" + Kindle Reader

v1nsai
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Murray View Post
I personally did this but with two different brand units. They never seemed "in sync" with each other. I suppose using the same models may have solved that issue but wasn't able to try. Instead a purchased a pair of Motorola Bluetooth ear buds and love them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
That's good to know, I just bought two of the same model, so hopefully it'll just work. I'll report back results

v1nsai
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
So they just came in and my phone will only sync one at a time. Gonna keep doing research but I'll post findings here since a lot if this seems to be hardware specific