Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,888 Members 53,599 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen dimmer/control that is not a silly filter!

Tip us?

bluenote73
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 97
Default Screen dimmer/control that is not a silly filter!

I've been really lucky the past week where I stumbled on a couple of apps I had been looking for for years. I figured I'd share the wealth and keyword it so other likeminded individuals could find it when they search.

I've tried so many different "screen filter" apps that kind of work but not really well. This is a different approach which stays crystal clear and still allows complete color changes. The functionality is very similar to Cyanogenmod's RenderFX feature that was a real boon to people reading in bed etc. Unfortunately that hasn't been around since CM7 or CM6.

Anyways this new app is by Chainfire and it's called CF.Lumen. Here's a playstore link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hainfire.lumen
Note that it requires root.

If you use a screen filter app then you owe it to yourself to try this. The difference is *very* noticeable.

Feel free to post any alternatives you know of because as far as I know there isn't a single one that isn't an overlay filter which basically sucks.

lanwarrior
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenote73 View Post
I've been really lucky the past week where I stumbled on a couple of apps I had been looking for for years. I figured I'd share the wealth and keyword it so other likeminded individuals could find it when they search.

I've tried so many different "screen filter" apps that kind of work but not really well. This is a different approach which stays crystal clear and still allows complete color changes. The functionality is very similar to Cyanogenmod's RenderFX feature that was a real boon to people reading in bed etc. Unfortunately that hasn't been around since CM7 or CM6.

Anyways this new app is by Chainfire and it's called CF.Lumen. Here's a playstore link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hainfire.lumen
Note that it requires root.

If you use a screen filter app then you owe it to yourself to try this. The difference is *very* noticeable.

Feel free to post any alternatives you know of because as far as I know there isn't a single one that isn't an overlay filter which basically sucks.
I wish it's compatible with note 3. [emoji45]
Galaxy Note 3 T-Mobile
Stock ROM - rooted
Official Jelly Bean 4.3

Note 10.1 (2014)
Stock ROM - Not rooted since KNOX tripping
Official KitKat 4.4.2

Retired
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)
Galaxy Note 8.0
Nexus 7 (2012)