Thread Closed

Should I...?

OP geeshiet

27th May 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #1  
geeshiet's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
268 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Should I switch my 5s to and s5? I mean the iPhone is great and all. The apps, UI, everything seems reliable and quick. Especially the apps, its more functional than android. I understand because its easier creating apps for iPhone. Developers don't have to worry about tons of sizes, version of OS... So i get it. But android feels more fun and you can do many things that iPhone alone cant. iPhone feels like jail, and it just doesn't entertain me. So should i switch?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
27th May 2014, 05:44 AM   |  #2  
AbhiLP's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jammu
Thanks Meter: 61
 
192 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeshiet

Should I switch my 5s to and s5? I mean the iPhone is great and all. The apps, UI, everything seems reliable and quick. Especially the apps, its more functional than android. I understand because its easier creating apps for iPhone. Developers don't have to worry about tons of sizes, version of OS... So i get it. But android feels more fun and you can do many things that iPhone alone cant. iPhone feels like jail, and it just doesn't entertain me. So should i switch?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've heard of people having issues with s5, so maybe you should hold on for some time until samsung fixes all the issues ..
The Following User Says Thank You to AbhiLP For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 05:47 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
124 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeshiet

Should I switch my 5s to and s5? I mean the iPhone is great and all. The apps, UI, everything seems reliable and quick. Especially the apps, its more functional than android. I understand because its easier creating apps for iPhone. Developers don't have to worry about tons of sizes, version of OS... So i get it. But android feels more fun and you can do many things that iPhone alone cant. iPhone feels like jail, and it just doesn't entertain me. So should i switch?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well naturally we all here believe android is the way to go...but whether s5 is the right phone to switch over to is another story. S5 is a great phone but I suggest you wait a couple months..there are a some additional android phones in the pipeline for the very near future (s5 prime, m8 prime, G3, note 4) along with iphone 6 coming out ...so I suggest you wait a little bit for those to compare.
The Following User Says Thank You to devoidx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 07:02 PM   |  #4  
Charlie Brown's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 271
 
678 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
Been flashing since 2008. The Samsung S5 is the first device that I just might never even bother rooting. The battery life is unreal. The new touchwiz is fresh and cleaner looking. Th3 phone itself (at least for me) is snappy as hell. The camera is absolutely gorgeous. Also sending video, 1080p movies and photos to my Samsung tv is priceless.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Charlie Brown For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #5  
aooga's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 922
 
3,132 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
I would. I don't agree with your iOS apps are better than android apps statement though. They used to be, but now there really isn't a difference. Yeah, some apps look terrible because the dev is too lazy to follow android standards, but the most popular apps are all the same now.

Anyway, my s5 has no issues at all. It's fast, the fingerprint sensor works over 90% of the time with one hand, and no signal issues.
27th May 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #6  
rogerperk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
308 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
I've tried both and I find Android to be much less intrusive. It doesn't want to be my friend, doesn't want my personal info, and so on. Otherwise I agree with Mr. Brown above. Mine doesn't need any tweaking at all.
27th May 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #7  
aooga's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 922
 
3,132 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerperk

I've tried both and I find Android to be much less intrusive. It doesn't want to be my friend, doesn't want my personal info, and so on. Otherwise I agree with Mr. Brown above. Mine doesn't need any tweaking at all.

Uh...Google not wanting personal info? I think the world would end before that.
27th May 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #8  
rogerperk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
308 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga

Uh...Google not wanting personal info? I think the world would end before that.

When I was doing Apple I had to put in an email, bank card, sexual preference, yadda yadda way more times than I was comfortable with. Seems like everything costs and everything required personal information. With Android I use my gmail account (minimum data) and can get into Pandora, Youtube, and a bunch of other service and products for no charge and no repeated follow up.
The Following User Says Thank You to rogerperk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #9  
aooga's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 922
 
3,132 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerperk

When I was doing Apple I had to put in an email, bank card, sexual preference, yadda yadda way more times than I was comfortable with. Seems like everything costs and everything required personal information. With Android I use my gmail account (minimum data) and can get into Pandora, Youtube, and a bunch of other service and products for no charge and no repeated follow up.

Well yeah, but if you turn on location services, all hope of "personal" data is lost in android. Same in iOS.
27th May 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #10  
rogerperk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
308 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga

Well yeah, but if you turn on location services, all hope of "personal" data is lost in android. Same in iOS.

True and that does't bother me as much as getting asked for it repeatedly. There IS not personal data on the net or in electronics, I just don't want to be bothered.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in T-Mobile Galaxy S 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank